Membership Director staff position withdrawn

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

This announcement written here as John Brander otherwise can´t respond!

Times are changing and with that also VATSIM Scandinavia staff structure. For and longer period it has become obvious that Membership Director daily tasks are not there anymore as it was before VATSIM SSO and automatic calculation of online hours for VATSIM Scandinavia members.

One of our most long lasting staff members Membership Director @John Brander has left the chair and no one will fill that one. Many are the hours that he has checked new members signing in, in our forum to verify that they are using their real name in VATSIM registers and the right email account are used. Not even think of the manual task to check each VATSIM Scandinavia ATC manually that they provide 10 hours of service / 6 months.

With this said, I like to forward to @John Brander a big "thank you" from VATSIM Scandinavia.

Side note: The email adress  "member@vatsim-scandinavia.org" is still active and are handled by Director.

Magnus

• Like 7

John Brander (1112485)

Thank you Magnus and Oliver for your kind words. As the board have decided, the primary part for membership director position, as it was defined when I entered 3,5 years ago has been more or less replaced by better technology integrations between our forums and membership database towards the Vatsim network. The second part, moderating forums and handling disputes by members I have not spent much time with. Therefore I agree that as of now the membership director position is not really needed. 

Let me just say that I have enjoyed these 3,5 years on a staff position and hopefully I can find some other way to contribute to Vatsim Scandinavia in the future. 

All the best, see you at the scopes.

//John

• Like 5