TopSky - <ALT> RMB - Radar Menu

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Hi,

According to the TopSky manual I should be able to call up the Radar menu by pressing <ALT> RMB.

However nothing happens. 

Any clue?

/Stephen

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

A320 MSFS FBW VR and Skalarki panels w converted real sidestick and tiller.

Juha Holopainen

Probably one of four things:

1) You're just too fast for the plugin. Try doing it deliberately slowly, i.e. hold the ALT key down, wait a moment, and then right-click. If it doesn't work after a couple of attempts, speed is probably not the issue here. Read on.

2) The ALT key is defined for something else, for example as a PTT key. In this case the plugin may never get the information that the key is down, and won't be able to open the menu. Free the ALT key from other assignments if possible. If the ALT key isn't assigned to anything else, or if freeing it is not an option, read on.

3) You're running EuroScope on a non-Windows-PC-setup. Apparently the key presses are not transmitted to the plugin in the same way in these cases. Adjusting some computer/software settings may help, but unfortunately I can't help with that. Read on.

4) The stars and the moon are out of proper alignment, and the thing is just never going to work no matter what you do. Fortunately there is still something that can be done: open the TopSkySettings.txt file found in the same folder as the plugin dll (TopSky.dll). Insert the following line:

Shortcut_RadarMenu_Combo=0x00

This causes the plugin to stop looking for the ALT+right-click combination. The Radar menu can then be opened by right-clicking on the Global menu bar (the menu bar at the top of the screen). If even that fails, then I'm all out of ideas.

• Like 2

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Hi Juha,

Thanks for your help. Was actually searching for how to contact you and there you are :-)

1) Sloooow didnt help

2) Not defined as any of the two PTT buttons. Cant remember where it possibly could be defined as something else.

3) I am running W10Home on an i5-4210U

4) That worked. :-)

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

A320 MSFS FBW VR and Skalarki panels w converted real sidestick and tiller.