Improved & Portable Euroscope

Daniel Lange (1352906)

Daniel Lange (1352906)

Have you been annoyed by the default folderstructure in Eurocope? Or that you can't just easily move ES to another PC, because files are connected together in Documents folder or Program Files? Or wish a new tag family that focuses a bit more on making it more productive to control? Then Improved Euroscope might be something for you! Here I've assembled, and configured the newest Euroscope beta into a improved and portable version (can be shortcuted to IES - Improved Euroscope).

It's important to point out that the updates for easier ground view, tags and such are not focused on realistic representation of systems in real airports, it's mostly productivity improvements based on my own experience, and perhaps how it maybe should look in the future. Anyhow, you still have full possibility to disable these functionalities and use IES as standard realism settings with the possibility of portability. 

What's the difference between IES and default Euroscope?

• Wherever you put it, it works without any install or setup, you can easily move it between computers without destroying or mess up settings. You can easily have you IES on a USB-stick.
  • You can have the same Euroscope at all your computers, only one folder! You can also place it in Dropbox for example to make your life even simpler because of IES.
  • By standard, the visual part with screen and scratchpad of NATCON (Used in Norway at least) is deactivated. The plugin is still loaded, as my new tag family uses information from it to generate the Arrival list and similar.
  • My brand new tag family "NorDan", it reassembles a lot NATCON tag family, but I've added more useful information for planes on ground, like plane type and other things I thought was missing in NATCON. NATCON tags were hardcoded and very difficult to edit how they were displayed, that's why I had to create a new tag family. All NATCON functionality is kept for those who wish to use IES for portability but with NATCON.
  • All plugins which are required to sit ATC in Norway are included and configured. Like ATIS and VCCS. By default you get pre-defined scopes for ENGM with ENGM_GND (vSMR version), ENGM_TWR_01 & 19 (draws correct SID/STARS). For you elsewhere in Scandinavia and like IES; feel free to make scopes/settings for your airports and send it to me, and we can try to build this into a more Scandinavian-diverse version - it would be cool if we could get the most major airports into one IES, making guest controlling even easier.
  • No ear-rape start up sound, aka. no startup sound.
  • Euroscope and/or sectorupdates should not override the tag families anymore due to the new settings structure.

Changelog

Spoiler

v.1.2

- Remade the whole thing due to the new norwegian sector file and how it's built up. ROUTE in lists is unfortently not working anymore, it shows sector exit point instead for now.

- Some minor tweaks to the supplied alias file from the new sector file

- Added a new sound for incoming messages, as the default one is too quiet in my opinion.

- I've also based it on that the profiles you select on startup is more generic. It's either APP, TWR or GND, instead of specific profiles for each airport. This is because the scope you load in is usually the main difference, as in which airport, rather than profile. This reduces the need of double-work eventual changes you want on your APP for instance across multiple airports. But it's up to you how you want to structure it.

v.1.1

groundtags.png.3dd550e62784191afca8238195e36dcd.png

- Reorganised folder structure to be more logic
    Scopes = .asr files
    Profiles = .prf files
    Settings = .txt files

- Added vSMR for GND controlling and tweaked default profile:
    - More eye-friendly blue color for departures and red arrivals
    - Departures on runway has a slightly transparent tag, just to distinct it a bit more
    - Changed missing SSR color to more catchy color

- Re-programmed vSMR by me (vSMR_1.3.3edited) with following new features:
    - Includes now possiblity to add "groundstatus" to tags (no this was not possible in original version)
    - Added groundstatus in default profile for departures
    - Ground stats have also different colors for PUSH (yellow), TAXI (green) and DEPA (white). Can be configured in vSMR profile json.

- Added pre-defined scopes
    ENGM_GND (vSMR version), ENGM_TWR_01 & 19 (draws correct SID/STARS)

- Seperated profiles into two: _TWR and _GND. This way you can start your scope even faster.
    Remeber that profiles have seperate settings! So the main profile (the one that is not proxy-window) will have its settings applied. PPT/Connection info etc needs to be configed on each profile.

- Norwegian sector file updated to v59
- Added Krister Larsen's (et.al.) Alias file and tweaked few typos in it.
- Added Norway ATIS 2.0 with hotfix from 6th november.

Download

Version 1.0: Download here
Euroscope: v.3.2.1.16
Sector file: v.58 (Norway)

Version 1.1: Download here
Euoscope: v.3.2.1.16
Sector file: v.59 (Norway)

Version 1.2: Download here
Euroscope: 3.2a(r18)
Sector file: 190701 (Norway)

Troubleshooting

Does thing not work or behave weird?
> Remember to run IES as administrator, or you might quickly run into trouble, especially if you put it in Program Files-folder.
> Remember to setup sound input/output/PPT etc.
> Load in the NorwegianDan profile, unless you don't want the Norwegian setting file.

Installed on a new computer and the font is missing or looks weird?
> Install Euroscope.ttf font which you find in the main folder.

• Like 1

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Høres flott ut selv om jeg ikke er i denne gruppen som har bruk for dette da.
OPS på at det snart kommer ny ATIS pakke som gjør den gamle ukompatibel. :)

Daniel Lange (1352906)
12 hours ago, Adrian Bjerke said:

Høres flott ut selv om jeg ikke er i denne gruppen som har bruk for dette da.
OPS på at det snart kommer ny ATIS pakke som gjør den gamle ukompatibel. :)

Jepp! Venter i spenning og skal få det oppdatert når den tiden kommer :) 

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Har lastet ned å testet. Jeg syns at Tagen som dere har laget var fantastisk. Kan vi få lagt den inn som et valg i den vanlige sectorfila @Daniel Klepp?

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Daniel Lange (1352906)

New version released, v.1.1!

Including edited vSMR for improved ground controlling, complete restructure of settings folders, sector file updates, new ATIS and more! Check out the download and complete changelog in the initial and 1st post of this thread!

I've also changed this to be in English as our other colleagues in Scandinavia can try out!

Daniel Lange (1352906)

New version released, v.1.2!

@Kristian Oedegaard contacted me today asking on how to update after the new norwegian sector file came out. I honestly though no-one used this "addon", so I never bothered updating this thread. But since there is apparently are some people, I've now released a update compatible with new norwegian sector files etc (check changelog).

If anyone using IES could just gimme a "Thanks" rating, I'd love to know how many actually use IES, so I know if I should maintain it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1