Weird ES behaviour

Semir Gebran (1148433)

Semir Gebran (1148433)

Hi guys,

Today I had this problem with ES. Notice in the screenshot the route is drawn to Norway instead Germany and does not match the routing in the FPL in any way(ALASA is shown because the traffic got a manual DCT there flying from EKOD) Same goes for handoffs and directs, these are populated by the incorrect route which you can see drawn. Any ideas how this happened, this is very weird indeed!

I use: ES3.2a R15, TopSky 2.1(DK), Ground Plugin for Denmark.

weirdES.thumb.png.dc7ca663ffbb94b50a2e6de932a88239.png

Morten Jelle (1012739)

Hi Semir,

Have you imported FSNavigator data into Euroscope? If not, I believe it is an error in the sectorfile.

Morten Jelle
VATSIM Network Supervisor - Team Lead

Semir Gebran (1148433)
1 hour ago, Morten Jelle said:

Hi Semir,

Have you imported FSNavigator data into Euroscope? If not, I believe it is an error in the sectorfile.

Hi Morten,

Yes I have FSNavigator data imported, no changes there. The only change I made is updating the ATIS package and the sector files to 16_13. This happened only once so far and I wonder if it has anything to do with S-Mode.

Morten Jelle (1012739)

It shouldn't have anything to do with the correlation mode. Do you know where the blue line ended? It should have shown a waypoint at the end of that, that usually gives you an idea, what the problem is. I don't know it can be reproduced, but we can test it online some day, to see if it still happens, but I suspect it is an error in the NAVData available, either from the sectorfile or FSNavigator.

Morten Jelle
VATSIM Network Supervisor - Team Lead

Semir Gebran (1148433)
5 hours ago, Morten Jelle said:

It shouldn't have anything to do with the correlation mode. Do you know where the blue line ended? It should have shown a waypoint at the end of that, that usually gives you an idea, what the problem is. I don't know it can be reproduced, but we can test it online some day, to see if it still happens, but I suspect it is an error in the NAVData available, either from the sectorfile or FSNavigator.

The drawn route crossed into Norway. I can't say with complete certaintly where it ended,  but it went in the direction of ENBR. I'll see if I this problem reoccurs, if so I'll let you know here.

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Looking at the sectorfiles I can't see that an update should've done anything different. Going to 16_13 I didn't change anything in the files that would effect that route o.O

Daniel Klepp (1035750)

I can't see what the proplem could be either, sometimes ES mixes up the routing (often due to a VOR that has the same name). E.g. Gardermoen VOR (GRM) often makes the route go all the way to the middle east and back. However if that was the case you should also see the line coming back down from the point that ES erroneously put in..

I think the information for route toggling is only fetched from the airway.txt as well...

C1/INS rated
AFIS Officer at ENOV