Updated ICAO_Aircraft.txt

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Lately several new aircraft types have reached the market and with them comes new ICAO type designators. I have added a few new codes to the attached ICAO_Aircraft.txt.

New types are:

Airbus A319neo
Airbus A320neo
Airbus A321neo
Airbus A350-1000 XWB
Airbus A330-700 Beluga XL
Boeing 737 Max 7
Boeing 737 Max 8
Boeing 737 Max 9
Embraer Legacy 600/650
E275    ML2J    EMBRAER    E175-E2, ERJ-190-500
E290    ML2J    EMBRAER    E190-E2, ERJ-190-300
E295    ML2J    EMBRAER    E195-E2, ERJ-190-400
TBM9    LL1T    SOCATA    TBM-900

Does anyone know if updated ICAO_Aircraft.txt files are available for download somewhere? I have just added the most common new types that I could think of, but I'm sure there have been other changes to ICAO Doc 8643 over the last few years.

ICAO_Aircraft.txt

Edited by Martin Loxbo
New types added
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

If only vPilot had a dropdown list where you had to choose your aircraft code... The amount of B77F, B74F, BOEING737-800 and AIRBUS is excruciating... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Juha Holopainen

I have a file that should be up to date as of last December, although as the updating has been done manually over the years, I may have missed some changes. It did contain the ones listed above by Martin apart from the new Beluga. I added the Beluga and while I was at it, the A330-800, which was also not yet present in the December data.

I was also going to advertise the TopSkyCallsigns.txt file in the Finnish sector package as a relatively up-to-date list of callsigns, but then realized I had forgotten to update it. I did the update now and the file below should be up to date as of last December as well. I'll try to remember to keep the file included in the package better updated in the future. Note that as the format is the same as in ICAO_Airlines.txt, EuroScope can be set to use the file as well.

(The files are no longer attached here to avoid having to update them separately. If needed, their most recent versions can be found in the Finnish sector package)

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
19 hours ago, Martin Tornberg said:

If only vPilot had a dropdown list where you had to choose your aircraft code... The amount of B77F, B74F, BOEING737-800 and AIRBUS is excruciating... 

If only ICAO could enable some sort of API so that nerds like us could hardcode something directly in to ES or any pilot client :)

Martin Loxbo (811805)

I just updated the file with the code E35L for Embraer Legacy.

• 1 month later...
Bjoern Helge Smaavollan (1055999)
On 22.2.2018 at 8:03 PM, Martin Tornberg said:

Exists as of latest Beta :)

• Like 2

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

I have seen a couple of E290, which seems to be the "newer" ERJ 190-something

Martin Loxbo (811805)
On 6/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, Martin Stockzell said:

I have seen a couple of E290, which seems to be the "newer" ERJ 190-something

Added to the file in the beginning of the thread. This file has the correct WTC category for all types that I've checked, but the file may lack some newer types that are in the file included in the Swedish ES package. I still suggest switching to the file in this thread, since the the file shipping with the ES package has the wrong WTC for a lot of aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1