Accumap V2 - Finland, Sweden, Denmark sectors

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Felix Holmertz (1052926)

I have kml files for all TMA sectors but have been busy jumping out of airplanes in the last month so haven't really had time to sort out how we should present them.

I took a quick look just now and I think the most sensible way to present STHLM TMA would be:

ARR-E ESSA_E_APP FL0-FL65.kml
ARR-W: ESSA_W_APP FL0-FL35.kml + ESOW_TWR FL0-FL45.kml
ARR-S : ESSB_APP FL0-FL35.kml

Ownership:

ARR-E (Callsign Stockholm Control)
ESSA_E_APP
ESSA_APP

ARR-W (Callsign Stockholm Control)
ESSA_W_APP
ESSA_E_APP
ESSA_APP

ARR-S (Callsign Stockholm Control)
ESSB_APP
ESSA_W_APP
ESSA_E_APP
ESSA_APP

Maybe some other Swedish controller have an opinion about how we should present it. Attached all the kml files, just drag them into google earth.

STHLM TMA.zip

Edited by Felix Holmertz
  • Like 1

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
3 hours ago, Felix Holmertz said:

I took a quick look just now and I think the most sensible way to present STHLM TMA would be:

ARR-E ESSA_E_APP FL0-FL65.kml
ARR-W: ESSA_W_APP FL0-FL35.kml + ESOW_TWR FL0-FL45.kml
ARR-S : ESSB_APP FL0-FL35.kml

Personally when I loaded in every KML-file it acctually didnt look as confusing as I thought :)

But for the sake of the pilots, maybe we should just focus on the acctual border between W-E-S and use it from GND-highest point in the TMA?

image.thumb.png.3f4fadc3d9450c1d1b36b68a7a4de2d6.png

Also @Felix Holmertz while you are at it. Can you make similar files with ÖKC, GG_APP, MM_L and NQ_TWR and that should be a great start

Edited by Martin Stockzell

Martin Loxbo (811805)
21 hours ago, Martin Stockzell said:

Also @Felix Holmertz while you are at it. Can you make similar files with ÖKC, GG_APP, MM_L and NQ_TWR and that should be a great start

What makes ESNQ special here? Having this for every TMA would be great! :)

16 minutes ago, Martin Loxbo said:

What makes ESNQ special here? Having this for every TMA would be great! :)

My initial thought was that we could start with those TMA-sectors that are most often used (ESSA, ESGG, ESMS) and since ESNQ is a bit special it might be included aswell. But of course the main goal would be to add every TMA available. That would totally be awesome!

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Accumap will be in public beta on Sunday.

I have added ESOS and ESMM sectors, would be excellent if we could get the TMA's sorted soon as well! :D

Edited by Adrian Bjerke

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

@Felix Holmertz

Aparantly this was not the ESMM border Martin tought of (showing too little I believe?)

Image202018-08-0420at2012.png

Also can we get the W/E/S sectors in Stockholm, and the other TMA's aswell?

Krister Larsen (1340812)
6 hours ago, Adrian Bjerke said:

@Felix Holmertz

Aparantly this was not the ESMM border Martin tought of (showing too little I believe?)

Image202018-08-0420at2012.png

Also can we get the W/E/S sectors in Stockholm, and the other TMA's aswell?

I think the ESMM border is correct, if It’s showed as lower sector (who to contact ground and so on...). The higher sector (above FL285) covers more area towards the southern part of sweden/finland border though.

Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
5 hours ago, Krister Larsen said:

I think the ESMM border is correct, if It’s showed as lower sector (who to contact ground and so on...). The higher sector (above FL285) covers more area towards the southern part of sweden/finland border though.

It's the upper one I believe is wanted to be displayed.

Felix Holmertz (1052926)

My thought is that we should show the sector that is covering ground level so that pilots know who to contact when on the ground. But if anyone has other opinions it's simple to adjust it.

Well it makes sense :)  But were the vertical AND horizontal splits possible to draw out? Because in that case I think we should use them all :D

• 2 weeks later...
Felix Holmertz (1052926)
On 8/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, Martin Stockzell said:

Well it makes sense :)  But were the vertical AND horizontal splits possible to draw out? Because in that case I think we should use them all :D

If I understand it correctly there is a way to show vertical splits and maybe that is the way to go.

I have made kml files for all TMA's. I think everything is correct but maybe @Martin Stockzell or some other swede can do a quick check. Most of the TMA's is quite simple so displaying vertical limits should be simple.

@Adrian BjerkeI will try to have a look into the json structure that you sent me and maybe incorporate that into the script so we don't have to do vertical limits and all that manually.

ESAA.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

@Felix Holmertz if you want to show where all different lower limits are, we need to have one "Simple" polygon that shows just the TMA when zoomed out, and when you zoom closer, it will display the different lower limits. 

I have implemented this on ENGM_APP, so take a look whenever ENGM_APP is online. (Zoom in and out to see the differeres)

When it comes to ESOS/ESMM:
There is a possibility that accumap by the end of this year will have a funciton where it combines the polygons of one sector (So if ESOS_CTR is online alone, it will just show the whole FIR as one polygon), and whenever more sectors log on, it will make a new polygon for that sector, therefore if the .json mapping files are well made, we could in theory import all sectors. The only difficulty at this moment is that accumap do not yet support the FL filter for online sectors, but this will be active before accumap is out of beta. 

For now atleast, keeping only the major sectors in would look the best.

• 10 months later...

Now that Accumap has been dropped and left open source. Will anyone continue the Scandinavian part? ?

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

I have little idea how it's going to be implemented in simvector, none of the contributors was transferred to that part, and I myself had a lot of pending updates for Norway, Iceland, Finland and Baltic area that never got implemented.

Neither have I seen any of the sectors that were already in accumap been implemented in simvector yet.