Correct scenery for ESSB (Bromma)

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

v1.1: Added part of old runway, changed all surfaces to tarmac, added runway TDZ lights, added grass field at apron LINTA, smaller surface changes overall, switched Grafair FBO building, minor adjustment to service roads. Added new thumbnails.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small note: It seems that the scenery is incompatible with FSX after all.

If someone, for some unexplained reason still uses FSX and wants a copy, just give me or Arvid a shout and we'll process it for you...

• 3 weeks later...

v1.2: Replaced tower and some terminal buildings, added ramp tower, added trees and cars near tower, changed boundary fence location to be more accurate. Separated FSX and P3D versions

Edited by Martin Stockzell

• 1 year later...

v1.21: Smaller optimizations, removed dynamic lightning objects for P3D-version, and cleaned up a few "unnecessary" objects to improve performance

• Like 1

Mattias Green (1281702)

I don't know if you need to update the link under Pilots>Airports>Sweden>ESSB because that link gave me 404-error. At least the P3D-version.

Fint jobbat med sceneryt!

:)

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, Mattias Green said:

I don't know if you need to update the link under Pilots>Airports>Sweden>ESSB because that link gave me 404-error. At least the P3D-version.

Fint jobbat med sceneryt!

:)

Ah, thanks. Yes. Changed from .rar to .zip with 1.21. I will update!

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Loxbo (811805)

Just installed this scenery, finally an accurate one for Bromma!

I'm running P3Dv3 and the P3D version crashes the sim. FSX version seems to work fine though.

17 hours ago, Martin Loxbo said:

Just installed this scenery, finally an accurate one for Bromma!

I'm running P3Dv3 and the P3D version crashes the sim. FSX version seems to work fine though.

Yes. @Arvid Hjalmarsson can perhaps correct me but i think that the P3D version is v4+ only due to the 64 bit optimization

Martin Loxbo (811805)

I noticed a small section of taxiway Y5 is wrongly designated Y4. Only really noticeable when you use the default FS ATC... :bandit:

EDIT: Slightly more relevant is that the DMEs are missing for both runways. I can have a look at the files and do some adjustments myself if that's OK with you @Martin Stockzell @Arvid Hjalmarsson?

Edited by Martin Loxbo
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Martin Loxbo said:

I noticed a small section of taxiway Y5 is wrongly designated Y4. Only really noticeable when you use the default FS ATC... :bandit:

EDIT: Slightly more relevant is that the DMEs are missing for both runways. I can have a look at the files and do some adjustments myself if that's OK with you @Martin Stockzell @Arvid Hjalmarsson?

Sure thing! Do you want me to add you to our Google Drive or should I email the files?

Martin Loxbo (811805)
5 minutes ago, Martin Stockzell said:

Sure thing! Do you want me to add you to our Google Drive or should I email the files?

Anyway you like boss!

v2.0: @Martin Loxbo edition! Fixed DME for both ILS stations. Adjusted LOC 30 due to RL position change, parkings and lines on Apron East and Apron 4 adjusted according to AIP, new taxi way between Apron 4 and 7. Lines at "engine test area" on G1 removed IRL. Stands and service roads on the main apron at stand 7-14 adjusted to match RL remodeling. Tee offsets on stand 3-19 added. Adjusted size on parkings and added airline priorities for use of AI traffic. Parking signs color change from black/white to yellow/black. Adjusted all taxi signs for better looks. All static aircrafts removed. Merged P3D and FSX versions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

v2.01: Nothing really changed, except all changes in v2.0 merged with the changes from v1.21. v2.0 was edited from v1.2 by mistake.

• 1 month later...
Joel Katajamaki (1480741)
On 23/08/2018 at 12:20, Martin Stockzell said:

Small note: It seems that the scenery is incompatible with FSX after all.

If someone, for some unexplained reason still uses FSX and wants a copy, just give me or Arvid a shout and we'll process it for you...

Hello! I still, for an inexplicable reason ;) use FSX, and I can’t get the scenery to work. Could I get a working copy?

Thanks

The latest version should be compatible with both fsx and p3d. What errors are you getting

When I click fly, the game starts loading, and it says "loading scenery", but the bar stays at 0%, and after a few seconds the sim crashes. This doesn't happen with any other addon scenery.

5 hours ago, Martin Stockzell said:

The latest version should be compatible with both fsx and p3d. What errors are you getting

I even tried removing the third party libraries, but the problem was still the same. I think it may be something with the dds and bmp files?

I guess I forgot to mention that I get no error message. The sim just closes. Now I have checked the event viewer, and it says that faulting module name is g3d.dll. 

On 23/08/2018 at 12:20, Martin Stockzell said:

What did you mean by an FSX copy in this post?

29 minutes ago, Joel Katajamaki said:

I guess I forgot to mention that I get no error message. The sim just closes. Now I have checked the event viewer, and it says that faulting module name is g3d.dll. 

What did you mean by an FSX copy in this post?

Before v2 (the Loxbo edition) the scenery was compiled for P3D and FSX separatly, however since 2.0 this seemed redundant since it was compiled for P3Dv3 which should be working with FSX. But obviously not. Let me try and see if I can recompile. Doubtful, but I'll try

• 2 weeks later...

@Martin Stockzell

Hi, how is the recompiling going? I look forward to hearing when I can start using the scenery

Edited by Joel Katajamaki