Plugin updates

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Another quick fix, this time to the MAESTRO plugin to fix an issue reading landing rates specified in the settings file. Same version number, dll timestamp today at 10.19UTC.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

In ENBR we have a scenario where Heavy (E) may park on stand 24 and 27, however if a heavy park on these stands, the 2 stands next to them get blocked, however they do not get blocked if a regular medium parks there. 

Example: Heavy parked on stand 27 will make stand 28 and 26 blocked, however a medium on stand 27 makes stand 28 and 26 available.

image.png.dc2c9bec674fa1668e2d9740c70373ee.png

Is it possible to get support for this in the groundradar?

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan (1055999)

Another suggestion/request in regards to Schengen.

Today schengen is based on the country identifier in ICAO codes. EN, ES, EK and so on. Would be nice if we also could define airports :P
ENSB is not part of schengen. although it is EN :)

No high priority, but a nice to have :)

Martin Loxbo (811805)
2 hours ago, Adrian Bjerke said:

Example: Heavy parked on stand 27 will make stand 28 and 26 blocked, however a medium on stand 27 makes stand 28 and 26 available.

At ESSA we have solved this by creating two stands, you could call them 27- and 27+ for example. 27- would be defined for smaller aircraft and would not block stand 26 and 28, but it would block 27+ as they are the same stand. 27+ would be defined for heavies only and would block 26, 28 and 27-. I hope that makes sense!

22 minutes ago, Bjoern Helge Smaavollan said:

ENSB is not part of schengen. although it is EN :)

You should be able to work around this by adding NOTADEP:ENSB for the Schengen stands.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
33 minutes ago, Martin Loxbo said:

At ESSA we have solved this by creating two stands, you could call them 27- and 27+ for example. 27- would be defined for smaller aircraft and would not block stand 26 and 28, but it would block 27+ as they are the same stand. 27+ would be defined for heavies only and would block 26, 28 and 27-. I hope that makes sense!

I was thinking about this by making something as 24H, however, if a pilot spawns on the gate, how will it select the "correct" gate the pilot spawned on if their at the same location? I do not want the side gates to be accidently blocked because a 737 spawned on the gate 24, neither do I want the side gates to be available if a B777 spawns there.

IIRC at ENGM if a B738 spawns on a heavy stand, the stand will be concidered as occupied on the plugin, but the plugin will not assign that stand for medium arriving traffic even if its is vacant.

Edited by Adrian Bjerke
Typos

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
28 minutes ago, Martin Loxbo said:

You should be able to work around this by adding NOTADEP:ENSB for the Schengen stands.

What if you want Scengen + Intl traffic on a stand, but not norwegian domestic flights?

We can not add NOTADEP:EN since that will block ENSB too then, or will ADEP:ENSB "overwrite" the NOTADEP:EN?

Martin Loxbo (811805)

So you want ENSB to be considered an international flight in this case? I'm not 100% sure how the plugin would interpret the "conflicting" ADEP:ENSB and NOTADEP:EN. You could also make a list of all the airports you want excluded (i.e. all ENxx airports except ENSB). A bit of extra work but at least you can just copy/paste it to the stands where you need it.

Regarding spawning on a stand, I think you might have to use the stand list to manually select which stand the aircraft is using.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

So you want ENSB to be considered an international flight in this case?

From domestic Norway to Svalbard island is considered international non-schengen. They park on a international stand, and passengers need to go through passport control.

I think you might have to use the stand list to manually select which stand the aircraft is using.

However I would rather avoid the possible confusion with less experienced controllers. One stand named 24, with different settings depending on it being heavy or medium, hence the suggestment. :)

Juha Holopainen

Did not think about the Svalbard issue when defining the Schengen area. I'll make it possible to exclude airport codes from the area. It is possible to use for example "ADEP:EN" and "NOTADEP:ENSB" together to create domestic non-ENSB stands, but creating Schengen+Intl+ENSB non-domestic stands requires defining two stands with the same name at the same location, one set as "NOTADEP:EN" to allow all except EN* origins, the other as "ADEP:ENSB" to allow ENSB as well.

Related to this, using group definitions is a handy way to define a number of items using an alias. A lot less clutter and easier to maintain. For example at the top of the file set:

GROUP:Svalbard:ENAS,ENSA,ENSB

and then later you can use for example "NOTADEP:GROUP_Svalbard" to exclude all Svalbard departures. Other uses for groups could be for example type or callsign lists.

I'll see what can be done regarding the stand blocking.

• Like 2

Juha Holopainen

Ground Radar plugin 1.2.2 beta 2 is available with the following changes:

• an improved Schengen area definition, i.e. an ability to exclude airport codes from the general list. The excluded codes are by default the Svalbard island codes.
  • ability to control stand blocking based on aircraft dimensions (optional additional data in the "BLOCKS" line)

Limiting the stand blocking is for now based only on the aircraft dimensions. If necessary, I can add limiting by wake turbulence categories as well as they wouldn't conflict with the aerodrome reference code letters, but does anyone have an example where the wake turbulence category would play a role in blocking stands? Jet blast concerns comes to mind as a possible scenario, but only when towing departing aircraft to a suitable start-up position isn't an option.

Edited by Juha Holopainen
link removed, newer version available
  • Thanks 3

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan (1055999)

BUG - Unable to check/uncheck "EOBT" in DEP List the settings menu in plugin. Able to set it via the settings file.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Is it possible to get a better example on how to use the new BLOCKS command? Trying to block stand 23 and 25 when code D E and F is on stand 24

Edit: Seems like I figured it out.

Edited by Adrian Bjerke

Juha Holopainen
22 hours ago, Bjoern Helge Smaavollan said:

BUG - Unable to check/uncheck "EOBT" in DEP List the settings menu in plugin. Able to set it via the settings file.

Thanks, will be fixed in the next release.

Patrick Weineis (1244867)

found another bug in Groundplugin.

If you choose deice as state, it enter here in Austria a direct to Deice and the state is deleted
confirm known issue?

deice.png

Edited by Patrick Weineis

Hakan Schulz (937154)

Using latest EuroScope beta version v3.2a(r23) with TopSky 2.2.1 beta 7 there seems to be an issue plotting routes:

image.png.99107590fd4770a9589cf1b6c9e4dd0f.png

using EuroScope beta version v3.2a(r17) with TopSky 2.2.1 beta 7 and same settings files it works just fine:

image.png.ae0ad7a617f0fe2bddf8526b51a8b5c5.png

Juha Holopainen

The WTC of the aircraft is also showing as "?" in the first picture, so maybe that setup has not loaded any of the data files for some reason? Try reloading the necessary files from the OPEN SCT menu, or open the profile file and see if the relevant entries are pointing to the correct place.

Hakan Schulz (937154)

The loaded profile and settings files are identical between the two pictures above. The only difference is the version of EuroScope. That is the strange thing.

Edited by Hakan Schulz

Hakan Schulz (937154)

Appologize, it doesn't seem to be related to the plugin, rather the version of EuroScope.

Using old fashion function:
F6 + Shift
to show routes gives the same result:

EuroScope v3.2a(r23):

image.png.7a67a240be8aef46eb0dc65e75006991.png

EuroScope V3.2a(r17):

image.thumb.png.9767902052265ff31e025ee3f2e3a76e.png

Edited by Hakan Schulz

Martin Loxbo (811805)

The lack of WTC does suggest that the ICAO data files are not loaded correctly. Have you made absolutely sure that this is not the problem?

Hakan Schulz (937154)

Problem solved. :)

Turned out with EuroScope v3.2a(r23) there MUST be a "DataFiles" folder within the same folder as the "EuroScope.exe" file:

image.png.11f1ed4b14f9d92a7ec8bebe56ca79d7.png

containing the
image.png.dc6281e4c67bac898a1f281bb7669f4c.png

files.

It doesn't help to reload AIRWAY.txt from OPEN SCT -> Load FSNavigator Data
strangely enough.

@Martin Loxbo and @Martin Stockzell thanks for advice.

Edited by Hakan Schulz

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Well, I don't have a DataFiles folder in my main ES directory and I haven't seen the issue you've been having, so I'm not sure that's the cause.

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

I'm gonna post this here as well, since I think that the reason is where ES "starts from". Most of our settings files, sectors, asr:s and other stuff included in your .prf is stored under Documents\Euroscope, so it can create a bunch of strange errors if not opeing ES from a shortcut (I actually think that the AFV manual also makes a note of this in the bible).

- Make sure to always start ES from a shortcut

- Make sure that that shortcuts points to where your Euroscope settings folder is (see my example below)

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Juha Holopainen

New beta versions are available:

Ground Radar plugin 1.2.2 beta 3

• Bug fixes

MAESTRO plugin 1.0 beta 4

• Bug fixes
  • When starting web master mode now also checks web for existing sequence data if local sequence data is not found

TopSky 2.2.1 beta 8

• RDF feature updated to work with AFV (thanks @Claus Hemberg Joergensen)
  • Added weather radar map
  • FPL (and Complete Route) Window can be shown in ASRs where "NoDraw" has been specified (ground ASRs for example). Requires setting "Window_FlightPlan_ShowAlways=1". The downside of this setting is that when it's on, the two windows are fixed at the top of the window drawing order so other windows may get lost below them.

A few words about the RDF feature:

Should you wish to use Claus's RDF plugin, disable the TopSky RDF by setting "RDF_mode=-1". Similarly, to use the TopSky RDF, do not load Claus's plugin.

The functionality is basically the same - to identify the transmitting station - with some minor differences. The TopSky RDF does not draw the circle centered on the transmitting track but checks the transmit position and then applies a small random error (max 10nm by default, with 80% chance of being less than 5nm). The positions are not displayed for transmissions made below 9500ft by default.

Graphics scaling:

I have slowly been working on the ability to scale the graphics (I realize having to use a magnifying glass to find the correct menu option on high-DPI displays is a pain in the behind). I've added a text command to adjust the scale. The syntax is ".topsky scale x", where x is the desired scaling factor, 1.0 being the default.

Limitations:

• very few items are currently scale-enabled. These include for example the global menu, radar menu, callsign menu, some transfer menus, and a number of items on the radar display (vectors, track related items). With other items you'll see no change. I will add new scale-enabled items as time goes by but cannot provide any estimate on when the work will be completed. A realistic timeframe is from many months to many years.
  • the code is to be considered a "development preview": pretty much non-tested
  • scale 1.0 will remain the only one where you can expect the graphics to be as intended, with other scales your results may vary
Edited by Juha Holopainen
links removed, newer versions available
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Christian Kovanen (1379372)

(Latest finland sector file with the beta plugin) image.png.0b8af2c46d3c1a596e8fd5ec187dafea.png

@Juha Holopainen all options in the Radar Menu (ALT + Right Click) are bugged to be one spot down from the actual click spots  image.png.23f0e494af79c14f90e276d84ec1cceb.png

submenus appear to work normaly

Edited by Christian Kovanen

• Martin Stockzell (1294494) unpinned this topic
  • Juha Holopainen locked this topic