[NOTAM] Closure of the eastern runway at ENGM 28 JUN-11 AUG

Krister Larsen (1340812)

Krister Larsen (1340812)

NOTICE TO AIRMEN WHO ARE FLYING IN OR OUT OF ENGM - OSLO GARDERMOEN

Between 28 JUN 2019 and 11 AUG 2019 (EST) will RWY 01R/19L be closed due to resurfacing. In the same period a temporary departure RWY only to be used for departures during daylight will be established on TWY Tango, designated: RWY 01C/19C.

For more information about the whole AIP SUP, and charts, follow this link: https://avinor.no/globalassets/_microsite/ais-portal/aip-sup/en_sup_a_2019_014_en.pdf

This is the most important information regarding flying in and out of ENGM on VATSIM

What will it mean to you as a pilot?
The eastern runway will be closed, due to WIP. This means that controllers might simulate this closure and use a temporary runway for departure. You will be notified via controller ATIS and ENGM_ATIS on frequency or text. 

I don`t want to simulate this, what should I do?
Nothing. You will then be assigned and cleared the western runway (01L/19R), which is used as normal. Be aware it could be some higher traffic load on the runway, because of the closure.

I want to depart from the temporary runway (01C/19C). What should I do?
The runway is only available for:

• Aircraft with aircraft code C (max wing span 36M)
  • Operators with special approval to use the TEMP RWY. In this case SAS, NAX (only NAX callsign, not IBK!) and WIF has approval, others will be cleared to the western runway. 
  • Departures during hours of daylight, with visibility above 3000M and cloud based above 500FT AGL
  • If the runway is wet, the crosswind limit is set to 25 KT.

If the following criteria are met, this is what you have to do and will happen:

• Contact the appropriate frequency for your clearance and request 01C or 19C (depending on metrological conditions) for departure. (PDC will not be available if nothing else is specified in controller ATIS)
  • You will be assigned an OMNI-directional clearance. Follow the instructions the ATC clears you for.
  • Departures towards NUVSA may expect a direct clearance via LILBA to NUVSA
  • Departures towards TOR (Torp VOR) may expect a direct clearance via KUBUB to TOR
  • Departures towards ATLAP, MASEV, OKSAT and EVTOG, may expect direct clearance towards the respective points. 
  • The holding positions will be for RWY 01C on TWY Sierra before B2, and for RWY19C on TWY Sierra before B8. (marked red in the chart below)

35826202_HPTEMPRWY.thumb.jpg.bfc241f3126452ccd28832bf78ada473.jpg

FAQ

Q: I don`t find runway 01C/19C
A: This is a temporary runway established on Taxiway Tango. You will see taxiway Tango as runway 01C/19C in your scenery.

Q: I was instructed to hold EASTY, what is this?
A: This is a temporary intermediate holding position on TWY Sierra south of TWY Papa will be relocated approximately 100 M to the south. Most likely, this point is not marked in the scenery you`re using. Use the charts to find the point

EASTY.thumb.jpg.a4dc8314779345168977037c3e206524.jpg

Q: I don`t want to use the western runway nor the temporary runway, can I use the eastern runway?
A: Depends on the conditions and if this closure is simulated by the controller(s) who are online. The final decision is up to the respective controller to decide.

Q: I don´t find B2 in my scenery.
A: Due to outdated scenery from Aerosoft, B2 and T between B4 and B2 are shown as a piece of asphalt. (Picture will follow)

If you have further question, don`t hesitate to ask in the thread :) 

Edited by Krister Larsen
FAQ added, thanks Aerosoft...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Lund (835801)

I am not sure how it happened. But when I took off from RWY19L at ENGM today there where 2 big red Xs on each end of the runway (but not on)  on the left side.

I am using P3Dv4 and AS ENGM by Jo Erland.

Added: Just tried again after completing the flight and now the Xs was gone.

Edited by Peter Lund

Krister Larsen (1340812)
6 hours ago, Peter Lund said:

I am not sure how it happened. But when I took off from RWY19L at ENGM today there where 2 big red Xs on each end of the runway (but not on)  on the left side.

I am using P3Dv4 and AS ENGM by Jo Erland.

Added: Just tried again after completing the flight and now the Xs was gone.

Out of what you have explained, there could be two reasons, from what I see.

1) A Corrupt link between scenery and SODE
2) With use of NOTAM tool, provided by Aerosoft, they have closed the RWY

There has been some closure of the eastern runway in small periods, often on weekends or night time. The long closure will not start before 28th of June :) 

Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png