Research before mentorship?

Eric Bieszczad-Stie

Eric Bieszczad-Stie

Hi, I'm totally new to VATSIM and have pretty much no experience in piloting planes, air traffic simulators etc. I don't even know the phonetic alphabet. I was wondering if there are any recommended websites or methods of practicing and learning about air traffic, specifically ATC which is what I'm interested to learn more about. Will training from a VATSIM mentor go over this too or should I know some basics before requesting training?

Thanks beforehand, I'm looking forward to learn more about ATC!

*Edit: Just realized this question obviously has been asked before. Sorry for the repost, I will follow the replies on the other post*

Edited by Eric Bieszczad-Stie
Repost

Latimer Knightley

Hello Eric, ATC is great fun and can definitely recomend training for it ;) As for the training itself, there are videos made explaining all the different things and documents to go through on how to learn basic phraseology and so on. So the basics you read up on yourself and then do small tests on them too improve. When you then have got enough experience you get a mentor. I myself had plenty of time as a pilot before i started ATC training which helped me out, but i surely do believe that it can be done without, if the passion is there. :) 

Good luck, kind regards Latimer.