Euroscope plugin RDF v1.2 released

Claus Hemberg Joergensen (1138158)

I have just released a new version of my RDF plugin for Euroscope, updated after Audio For Vatsim went live. RDF (Radio Direction Finder) is particularly usefull when controlling geographically large sectors (for example Eurocontrol North, Sweden Control etc.). When a pilot starts his voice transmission, a circle is drawn around the radar tag, or a line in the direction of the tag if outside the visible screen. This reduces the number of used ".find" commands, since the plane can easily be found with the highlighting.

RDF circle around the "talking aircraft"

More info and download: https://github.com/chembergj/rdf 

• Like 5

Claus Hemberg Jørgensen
Training Director, Vatsim-Scandinavia

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Super plugin, and great working with AFV. Thank you for contributing to the ES Plugin community 😎

Just one question though. For those of us that are running several instances of ES, It seems only to show up on the one that you have "active" in windows, any posibility to make this always active for every display?

2 hours ago, Max Kuhla said:

Super plugin, and great working with AFV. Thank you for contributing to the ES Plugin community 😎

Just one question though. For those of us that are running several instances of ES, It seems only to show up on the one that you have "active" in windows, any posibility to make this always active for every display?

Thank you for the kind words.

I don't know if it is possible to fix, but I will definitely have a look at the multi-display issue.

• Like 1

Claus Hemberg Jørgensen

• 2 weeks later...

@Max Kuhla I have investigated the problem, and it turns out that it has to be fixed in the AFV Standalone Client. I have been in contact with the developer of the AFV Standalone Client, and he plans to put in a fix in a new version, that will be released after CTP - so look out for it ☺️

• Thanks 2

Claus Hemberg Jørgensen

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Hmm. I tried to test the plug in, but as soon as an aircraft transmitted; ES crashed to desktop.

@Juha Holopainen could this be something that clashes with Topsky? I think you mentioned something to add to topskysettings, but i got a settings error when i did so

Martin Loxbo (811805)

If I understand it correctly, if you use TopSky's RDF function you don't need (and shouldn't use) the separate RDF plugin.

Note to Swedish controllers: IRL the Swedish transceivers apparently don't support RDF so the function is not available to Swedish controllers IRL. Of course you can still use the TopSky function or the separate plugin as you like. :)

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)
14 hours ago, Martin Stockzell said:

Hmm. I tried to test the plug in, but as soon as an aircraft transmitted; ES crashed to desktop.

@Juha Holopainen could this be something that clashes with Topsky? I think you mentioned something to add to topskysettings, but i got a settings error when i did so

In topskysettings set "RDF_Mode=-1" (minus one) and it use the stand alone RDF. Euroscope shouldn't be crashing anymore now.

If you want to use topsky's RDF just unload the stand alone in plugin settings from ES.

EDIT: It didn't work first try for me either. I initially put the setting in local settings, that didn't work haha.  Make sure RDF is greyed out in the main menu...

I got it to work now!

Screenshot_8.png

Edited by Matisse VanWezer

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
On 11/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, Matisse VanWezer said:

In topskysettings set "RDF_Mode=-1" (minus one) and it use the stand alone RDF. Euroscope shouldn't be crashing anymore now.

That's what I did. In TopSkySettings.txt but got a settings error when loading ES.

Again, I'm not planning to use it (see Martin Loxbos post above) but I was curious on how/if it worked, but I think it answered itself with our local setups :)

Juha Holopainen

I can’t replicate any error message, regardless of whether I put the setting in the global or local settings file.

That being said, the current code only disables the RDF properly when it’s done at plugin startup, so the setting should either be in the global file or in the local file with the auto sign in setting enabled as well (“Setup_AutoSignIn=1” as the first line in the local settings file), as then the local settings file is also automatically read at startup.