TopSky plugin 2.2.1 beta 11

Juha Holopainen

Jan Doehring (1356262)

Does Topsky somehow alter the frequencies in the tag? One of our CTR sectors has the frequency 131.025 but Topsky shows it as 131.030. The only exception is that the correct frequency is shown once this very center has the tag assumed. In all other cases e.g. this sector is the nect station it will show 131.030.

I thought it had to do with the Airspace_833_Min setting but playing around with it didnt seem to do anything?

Juha Holopainen

It shouldn't do that. Have you checked what the default tag items show in that case? The plugin does change any frequencies ending in .x20 and .x70 into .x25 and .x75 respectively, but .025 should not be changed into .030

Edited by Juha Holopainen

Jan Doehring (1356262)

I couldn't really. Once we noticed the problem he soon logged off again. I will investigate further and find out what Euroscope says. But I reckon its gonna be 132.025 as it should read that from the sectorfile. But who knows...

Juha Holopainen

I had a look and the code does seem to be a bit old in that area, using only two decimals which then gets rounded up when you use a freq with the third decimal being 5. The code will be changed to work also with those frequencies but as of now, such frequencies shouldn’t be used. They cause problems with EuroScope, the plugin (probably only in the tag item though so it’s only a minor annoyance) and older pilot clients that are still approved for use.

Jan Doehring (1356262)

Yep, I can confirm that behavior. All frequencies with the last digit being 5 are being rounded up to the next biggest two digit number. However, once the aircraft has been assumed by such a station, the frequency is correctly displayed. 

We decided to use these frequencies because we are rebuilding our sectorization. And because the pilot clients that can‘t deal with that frequencies are soon to be retired, we made the change towards these frequencies. So far we haven‘t noticed any issues with doing that. A workaround for textpilots is, to simply use the private chat for instructions. Just a little background info.

Thanks for identifying the issue!

Edited by Jan Doehring

Arvid Hansson (1162891)
47 minutes ago, Jonathan Hougaard said:

It is possible to change the CPDLC notificaiton sound?

I believe you can just replace the original sound file in the plugin folder

• 4 weeks later...
Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

got a bug, aircraft codes of less than 3 letters dont show on topsky

imagem.png.adbdec9f5932f50446ac9292b12df95e.png

imagem.png.d446e1e120119e467ed0e30e658eeb47.png

imagem.png.10e90dfe84f03765cadf48ffa3b47b69.png

these are all the same fpl

edit: curiously I cant display his route, not sure if its related to the aircraft type thing or not, his route was really funky either way

Edited by Ricardo Sousa

Juha Holopainen

I would have been surprised if ES could have displayed that route.

I don't think it's a problem in TopSky but ES telling the plugin that the aircraft type is "G" in that case. Why that is, I don't know...

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

G was the equipment btw

ES did display the route but TS didn't but i dont think its related

Edited by Ricardo Sousa

Mark Jansen (810676)

Upon giving a direct route, the AHDG field in the tagged track labels often shows the next (direct to) waypoint. To my understanding, that is correct behaviour. In many cases though, it's left empty and only shows up in the detailed track labels. This seems especially the case when the direct route falls within the own sector, for example a direct route to the STAR clearance limit. What is the logic behind this? And is there any way to persistantly list the direct route point in the tagged track label, regardless of whether the direct route point lies within the active sector borders? I couldn't find it in the manuals. Thanks for any reply.

Mark Jansen
Navigation & Sectorfiles Department Dutch VACC

Edited by Mark Jansen

Juha Holopainen

The logic is that in the "B" (COOPANS) version of the plugin, the point will not be shown if it is the same as the exit coordination point. There is currently no way to change this other than to use the "A" version, but in the next version this behavior is controlled by a dedicated setting.

• Like 1

Mark Jansen (810676)

When used in the departure list, the various List ASSR-items and List RFL item have an extra (unwanted) space added in front of these items. The result is a misalignment of 1 digit too far to the right compared to the header title of the respective column.

Mark Jansen

Edited by Mark Jansen

Juha Holopainen

They do, it's done to align the field contents when some flights may have CPDLC going on (squawk code uplink and level request downlink respectively for those cases), and they then have the field contents surrounded by brackets. Whether it's wanted or not depends on the situation, but it's there by design. Now there's very little reason to exchange such CPDLC messages with aircraft that are still in the departure list, but it's VATSIM, I've seen crazier things happen... At this time your options are either to add an extra space in front of the header title, or use a default tag item for those fields. You'll find the same behavior in at least the Callsign, CFL and AHDG items as well.

The good news is that in the next version any "DEP list" version of a tag item will not display the brackets in order to save space as they are almost never needed in the departure list. The bad news is that I have no idea when I'll get around to publishing it. It's been "almost ready" for weeks now but something always comes up.

• Thanks 1

Mark Jansen (810676)

Is there a way to disable correlated PSR+SSR tracks on the ground? The Track_PSR_Filter_GS does the job, but doesn't work when Easy VATSIM radar mode is used, since tracks are automatically correlated on the ground. I'd appreciate an option similar to this, that works to filter any traffic on the ground.

Mark Jansen

Juha Holopainen

"Assume aircraft on the ground as STBY" in EuroScope settings might work unless the easy mode overrides it.

Mark Jansen (810676)

"Assume aircraft on the ground as STBY" makes the tag labels disappear, but the track symbols remain visible. The TopSky Track_PSR_Filter_GS option also filters the track symbols, which is what I'd like, but doesn't work in Easy VATSIM mode since the tags are automatically correlated so they are strictly not just PSR tracks anymore. I'd appreciate an option where correlated tracks can also be filtered on the ground. Thanks for your help!

Mark Jansen

Juha Holopainen

I don't think I'll be adding code to hide correlated tracks as it would actually be a lot of code in various places, and as the desired outcome is already available when not using the easy mode (which in my view generally stands for "I want to see everything that's going on", and hiding stuff doesn't go well with that).

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic