Ground Radar plugin 1.2.2 beta 5

Juha Holopainen

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)
6 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

It does not (at least directly) cause the crashes occurring later during a session reported by Oliver, I still need a crash dump from one of those. A minidump may be enough, but it probably doesn't hurt to take a big dump in the Task Manager as well (pun intended).

Unfortunately, the crashes on my end went straight to desktop without any error message, so not sure if there will be any dump available? The only thing I have is the event viewer entry.

Or does Windows 10 save some kind of dump in these cases as well? Is there any value in the Windows WER files?

Juha Holopainen

I don't know if a WER file is generated from a clean CTD. I have no experience with them, but if you do find one generated from those crashes, I'll certainly have a look if it's of any use. Likely not because of the non-debug build of the plugin, but I could at least see if the data in there would be useful when a debug build crash happens. Additionally, depending on which version of ES you use, it may generate an automatic crash dump - it'll be EuroScope_crash_.dmp, in the same folder as EuroScope.exe if I remember correctly. Should all that fail, the best I can suggest is to use an application that monitors the EuroScope process and creates an automatic dump when it crashes. I've used procdump in the past for this purpose, perhaps it or another program like it could be able to create a dump from a clean CTD as well, I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I don't know if a WER file is generated from a clean CTD. I have no experience with them, but if you do find one generated from those crashes, I'll certainly have a look if it's of any use. Likely not because of the non-debug build of the plugin, but I could at least see if the data in there would be useful when a debug build crash happens. Additionally, depending on which version of ES you use, it may generate an automatic crash dump - it'll be EuroScope_crash_.dmp, in the same folder as EuroScope.exe if I remember correctly. Should all that fail, the best I can suggest is to use an application that monitors the EuroScope process and creates an automatic dump when it crashes. I've used procdump in the past for this purpose, perhaps it or another program like it could be able to create a dump from a clean CTD as well, I'm not sure.

WER FIles were created, but with the release version. I'm using the latest ES Beta (r24) and there's indeed a EuroScope_crash_.dmp, unfortunately a later one. I'm now using the debug version and grab this file after the next crash.

WER files attatched, maybe they are of some use.

Edited by Oliver Gruetzmann

Juha Holopainen

The WER files don't seem to be much help as none of the folders contain a memory dump, only the short textual report. Have you checked your %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder for an automatically generated memory dump?

2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The WER files don't seem to be much help as none of the folders contain a memory dump, only the short textual report. Have you checked your %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps folder for an automatically generated memory dump?

Too many folders for all those files...

these should be the ones corresponding to the WER files.

CrashDumps.7z

Juha Holopainen

As expected, they don't point to anything useful either, but please provide one of those together with the ES generated dump when it crashes with the debug plugin loaded.

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic