Resizing EuroScope windows

Alexander Oehman (1469652)

Alexander Oehman (1469652)

If anyone else wants to choose size of EuroScopes windows to accomplish something like this screencap and don't mind spending $35... read below :)

vdm.thumb.png.12359ef0bdb83e18fa174e9e7e5748f2.png

I'm currently going through S2 training and have found it hard to make full use of my wide screen monitor(3440x1440) given the very limited options for resizing in EuroScope. This morning I decided to try out a program called "Virtual Display Manager", found here: https://www.ishadow.com/

VDM let's you create virtual monitors with the height and width you want and run your apps maximized in one of them.

Although the program did fool all other windows programs(except fullscreen ones, like games etc) it wouldn't trick EuroScope. I reached out to the developers hoping they could provide me with some information that could make me code an app that togheter with VDM would be able to deal with EuroScope as well. But they did something even better.... 
They got back to me in less than 8 hours with a fix and a youtube demo:

VDM can be evaluated for 15 days free of charge. To do that with support for EuroScope prior to the next release you need to:

1. Download VDM from ishadow.com

2. Download the evaluation license file.

3. Run the .reg file attached to this post (open it in notepad first, don't trust strangers to edit your windows registry)

4. Done! You can now run EuroScope in "Full" window mode but have it take up only the portion of the screen you want it too. :)

regards,

Alexander

EuroScopeVDM.reg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2