Any point in getting FSX Steam Edition?

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Martin Loxbo (811805)

There is a sale on Steam and you can get FSX Steam Edition for only €7.49. Is there any point in getting this version? Does it have any improvements over the good old FSX?

Peter Persson

Apparently there is some improvements, but nothing worth those money.

I would guess that P3D v3 is better since its a further development of the FS  engine.

/P

Arvid Hansson (1162891)

I wouldn't spend any more money on FSX. If you've got the money, go down the P3D route. If you don't, stick to FSX. The changes and updates worth spending money on are not in FSX:SE, but in P3D.

• Like 2

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Thanks guys! I don't use FS much at all these days so I think I'll stick to FSX for the time being.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Martin Loxbo (811805)

Well actually I already bought P3D! Seems a lot more stable than FSX. I have a feeling I get less fps than in FSX though, but maybe I need to tweak it more. A bit annoyed that some FSX sceneries are not showing up (I thought P3D was essentially FSX?).

I like the way you can tell P3D to use directories outside of its root folder to look for addons, so in short if you already have a working FSX installation you can direct P3D to use (some) FSX folders. 

Kristian Kling

Martin, lower graphics settings in P3D look better than the highest settings in FSX. Thats might be why you get less FPS.