Question for Christian Kovanen

Petter Jakobsson (853449)

Petter Jakobsson (853449)

Hi @Christian Kovanen

I'm glad that you are willing to run for the post of director. Before I cast my vote I would appreciate if you could please elaborate a bit about your goals and ambitions as a future director of Scandinavia? What is your view of the way forward for our devision, what would be your priorities and so on? I'm not looking for a grand plan or anything, just a few lins on your views.

Thanks for your time and best of luck.

• Like 8

Christian Kovanen (1379372)
18 hours ago, Petter Jakobsson said:

Hi @Christian Kovanen

I'm glad that you are willing to run for the post of director. Before I cast my vote I would appreciate if you could please elaborate a bit about your goals and ambitions as a future director of Scandinavia? What is your view of the way forward for our devision, what would be your priorities and so on? I'm not looking for a grand plan or anything, just a few lins on your views.

Thanks for your time and best of luck.

Answering this question is a bit tricky since we have a major project going on that will change everything and it is not public yet (many people know what I'm talking about) hopefully plans can be revealed soon. This will most likely take about 90% of the new directors time for some time (thankfully the current director Martin has offered his help). As for other projects/visions: improving (or getting rid of) the EUD exam sheet and other quality of life improvements for ATC training would be high priority for me. I have been asked many things about FIR specific plans and want to say this to everyone thinking what I have in mind for your FIR: FIR specific matters are primarily dealt with by the FIR directors (and TA's for training matters). Of course if they need help or things don't work out the director (or the board) can get involved.

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
37 minutes ago, Christian Kovanen said:

As for other projects/visions: improving (or getting rid of) the EUD exam sheet and other quality of life improvements for ATC training would be high priority for me.

This sounds like you are planning to take over the training director role which I hold. I have already been discussing the exam sheet within VATEUD, and currently I am awaiting the results of the update of GRP. More than this I cannot say on a public forum. The ATC departments in all FIR's has been improved within the last year, either in the implementation of moodle, implementation of S1 endorsement or an boost of activity within the FIR. Despite the enormous increase of requests in 2020 the queues generally is on the way down in all FIR's.

1 hour ago, Adrian Bjerke said:

This sounds like you are planning to take over the training director role which I hold. I have already been discussing the exam sheet within VATEUD, and currently I am awaiting the results of the update of GRP. More than this I cannot say on a public forum. The ATC departments in all FIR's has been improved within the last year, either in the implementation of moodle, implementation of S1 endorsement or an boost of activity within the FIR. Despite the enormous increase of requests in 2020 the queues generally is on the way down in all FIR's.

According to our constitution the director leads all work and is responsible for all areas of the vacc. Of course staff and other board members have their own responsibilities and handle relevant matters mostly by themselves. I'm definitely not trying to step on anyone's toes or do anyone's job. I just listed stuff I think should happen/improve not things I will personally handle. Anyway for the training part I was more thinking along the lines of improving cc, moodle etc. and talking to EUD about the dashboard and other services.

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

Hello Christian 

I understand your points and They are good points. I must however expand on these questions.

These are tools to maintaining the organization. What are you planning to do though to develop and expand the organization, not just technical but on a social basis

What is your vision and in particular the direction you would like to see the organization move towards? 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 00:02, Lukas Agerskov said:

Hello Christian 

I understand your points and They are good points. I must however expand on these questions.

These are tools to maintaining the organization. What are you planning to do though to develop and expand the organization, not just technical but on a social basis

What is your vision and in particular the direction you would like to see the organization move towards? 

I dont have any particular plans yet but I would very much like to see our social media / Vatsim community presence improve a lot. I think we have such a good VACC overall that with little work we can get even more pilots (and ATC) in the less busy areas like Iceland and Finland.

• Like 2