Some questions about X-pilot from new user.

Alf Koivunen

Alf Koivunen

Hello!

Today I test connection to VATSIM network with X Pilot for X Plane. First test I could connect and also had another aircraft visual parked at the same airport. Good. Then typing in the flightplan window I noticed then hitting some letters, the flight plan window closed by it self. Looks like it was letter n causing it. Don't know why. I was typing in the remarks field. For departure and arrival field it did not close the window then typing in ESNU. It also n letter there.

On my second attempt then starting X Plane and X Pilot I could not connect at all. Suddenly I had error message telling me there is no CSL package for showing air planes or some error with it so it could not connect. Don't know what happens here cause it work at first attempt to connect.

My 3rd question is with the X Pilot plug in then you have the Preference/ Settings window visual.

Under General there is a field for "Fallback Aircraft Type ICAO" with A320 already filled in. Should it not be the same as the one I use if I use the default Cessna 172. I have read the manual for X Pilot but not sure about what that field is or how to use it.

Thanks for any help !

Alf

Alf Koivunen

Hello again.

I have also checked so both X Plane and X Pilot have rules in Windows firewall and also my F-Secure not scanning those folders. It looks now that there is no issue to connect but

only issue that still exist is then typing inside the Flight plan page in X Plot. It close itself then I am inside that window and typing and all is wipe out and lost then I open the Flight plan window again. X-pilot main window is still there. I have no idea why the window shut down then I type.

Now I will uninstall X Pilot and download XSquawkbox instead and see if that works better. I am using Windows 10 64 bit

Edit. Hm.

A warning about using XSquawkbox etc.  I have used Squawkbox in the past for many years so now I am totally lost what to use.

I don't know anything about Swift.

Alf

Edited by Alf Koivunen

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)
On 26/04/2021 at 12:23, Alf Koivunen said:

Hello again.

I have also checked so both X Plane and X Pilot have rules in Windows firewall and also my F-Secure not scanning those folders. It looks now that there is no issue to connect but

only issue that still exist is then typing inside the Flight plan page in X Plot. It close itself then I am inside that window and typing and all is wipe out and lost then I open the Flight plan window again. X-pilot main window is still there. I have no idea why the window shut down then I type.

Now I will uninstall X Pilot and download XSquawkbox instead and see if that works better. I am using Windows 10 64 bit

Edit. Hm.

A warning about using XSquawkbox etc.  I have used Squawkbox in the past for many years so now I am totally lost what to use.

I don't know anything about Swift.

Alf

Hi Alf

That's probably Microsoft .NET Framework that needs an update on your machine. Also try running xPilot as administrator.

Another alternative to file a flight plan is through myVATSIM (that's probably something new to you) and it is integrated to Simbrief so it's easy to make flightplans.

Let me know if that helps.

M-J

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

Alf Koivunen

Hello Mark-Julius!

I have latest Microsoft. NET Framework installed. Also X Pilot is run as Administrator. The Flight plan window still close itself then typing.

I have used Simbrief for some time now and also linked to my Navigraph account.  Only thing is I have not export any flightplan from Simbrief but I will have a look in that.

I will mostly fly the Cessna 172.

Alf