TopSky plugin 2.4 beta 1

Juha Holopainen

Jonathan Hougaard (1457572)
On 7/19/2021 at 9:44 PM, Alexander Arlow said:

Bugreport:

Now: When entering an altitude or FL from the textbox in the CFL-window, the leading zero needs to be written when clearing an aicraft to for example A080.

Should be: The user should be able to omit the leading zero in such cases.

Are you sure that's correct? I think needing to enter the leading zero is how the real system works

• Thanks 1

Alexander Arlow
2 hours ago, Jonathan Hougaard said:

Are you sure that's correct? I think needing to enter the leading zero is how the real system works

Will report back on Saturday.

Alexander Arlow
21 hours ago, Bernardo Reis said:

We are still having the problem of loading maps. We have to either logon to a position or reload settings. What do you guys do to load the maps?

We do not load any maps before logon - only a basic sector map derived from Euroscope, everything else is being loaded once logged on as defined within the [<POSITION>]-definitions in Topskysettings.txt.

Alexander Arlow
On 7/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Hougaard said:

You are absolutely correct, just checked at work. I could have sworn though... 😉

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
On 7/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, Juha Holopainen said:

I can't seem to be able to replicate the METAR delete issue. I've been able to delete every METAR I've tried so far, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

@Juha Holopainen I seem to have found the problem. My METAR source is built in the local runtime library "localhost:8080......" Is it caused by this? However, this does not explain why it works normally in the previous version of the plugin

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Juha Holopainen
On 7/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Hongye Zhang said:

@Juha Holopainen I seem to have found the problem. My METAR source is built in the local runtime library "localhost:8080......" Is it caused by this? However, this does not explain why it works normally in the previous version of the plugin

It may or may not be related to it, no way to know without more information. I could have a look at the data if you send me a memory dump, but not with this beta. Using the just released beta 2, proceed to delete a METAR as before, but when the confirmation window opens, do not click on it before making a dump file - in Windows Task Manager, right-click on the EuroScope process and select "Create dump file". This produces a snapshot of everything that's going on just before the plugin attempts to delete the METAR, possibly allowing me to find out why it fails.

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic