[11th Dec] Fly and See Santa

Krister Larsen (1340812)

Krister Larsen (1340812)

Hello,
As always, Denmark is playing a key role to ensure the traffic goes as smoothly as possible to our three event airports. If we could have EKDK online throughout the event, that would be highly appreciated. Fist aircraft slot is 1700z and the last is 2300z.

I assume it will not be rostered event for Denmark, so sign up in the thread and book your position in VATBOOK if able :) 

EDIT: It will not be rostered, but we need at least a couple of CTR sectors, optimally we need 4 ACC controllers

EKDK_V_CTR: Controlling the AAL hold

EKDK_C_CTR: Controlling the ODN hold

EKDK_S_CTR: Sequencing aircrafts and communicating with Norway/Sweden on holdings

EKDK_B_CTR: Taking care of EKCH so the other three can concentrate on the event

Edited by Lukas Agerskov
Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

• 2 weeks later...
Torben Andersen (861112)

Thanks, greatly appreciated. Would like to have some C1 to cover EKDK_V/N and EKDK_B/C as well. Hopefully we can man EKDK from 1700z, but even earlier (like 1600z) would be good as the slot times are arrival slots at destination airports. Please write a note here or on discord if you're able and I'll try to make schedule.

Torben Andersen (861112)

Unfortunately we are only 3 controllers to cover the ENR section. I've chosen to split EKDK into 2 positions for the event:

1. EKDK_V_CTR covering sector V and N
2. EKDK_C_CTR covering sector C and below

Depending on event traffic EKDK_C and EKDK_V does NOT cover the underlying airports (but it is off cause up to the individual controller). EKCH_APP/DEP should thus release airplanes going W or S at FL190 and ask the planes not to climb further than FL280 within Danish airspace unless in contact with EKDK and cleared for further climb. This to prevent conflict between the CPH departures and the flow of traffic coming from S.

image.thumb.png.26d429b7f8f35d7cdeed0a5d92a103a0.png

If a C1 controller would like to step in and make a relief even for a limited time, it would be appreciated.

I would also like to thank ALL controllers manning EKCH tonight - it is of great value to know that this part of the airspace is well taken care of - THANK YOU!

If you have other suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Edited by Torben Andersen

Torben Andersen (861112)

To EKCH_APP/DEP for tonight: Be aware that EKDK_C_CTR takes over for DK_B. So send to planes to the correct frequence or you can change the sector ownership to replicate the situation tonight.

The reason for using DK_C_ctr is that as DK_B is NOT controlling above FL285, DK_V_CTR would get all the enroute trafic, if I logged on as EKDK_B_CTR. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Edited by Torben Andersen