Recomended routes

Torben Andersen (861112)

Torben Andersen (861112)

After seeing more and more pilot using Simbrief, it is apparent that many simply take the first the best route popping up in Simbrief and as it seems that Simbrief suggests route based on popularity instead of correctness, I wonder if it would be an idea that we make a list of routes out of/into the main airports. I know this will not completely solve the problem as some pilots don't read more documentation than necessary, but we would be able to point the pilots to this, when asked. I had a pilot yesterday out of CPH, who didn't understand that flying from EKCH to EDDH was best done via a NEXEN departure than via LANGO and ALASA. While we had a nice talk, it would be easier to simply offer him the route.

What do you think?

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

In Norway I have often emailed simbrief when their suggested routing becomes an issue for us in Norway and reference to why its an issue. In all the cases so far the dev has been correcting the routes per my suggestion.

Peter Toft (1280555)

The idea is very good, and is something that I've talked and thought about myself for some time. 

However I think the problem with Simbrief is that it generates "the most popular route" (the number 1 route which many often just goes with) based on how it's choosen by the pilots. As you can see of the picture that I'm putting into this thread, I've just really quick gone into Simbrief and put "EBBR - EKCH" - and the THREE first routes arrive via TESPI, which is, as you know youself, a big detour and "wrong". 

So if it will fix the problem, I do not know, but I know for myself that I tend to tell pilots to go direct TUDLO to join the TUDLO arrivals - and if the load permits, I tell Bremen to send the TESPI arrivals into EKCH to TUDLO and tell them to expect the TUDLOXX arrival:)

But as said - the idea of mailing to them is good, and it is definetly worth trying, based on Adrians comment - however it might, sadly, not fix the problem:)

c50450c8029da442af2d88dd1561cfa8.png

Here you can see my point - the LAST route is via TUDLO, but who checks all four routes before flying?:-)