[November 27] Helsinki-Moscow Shuttle

Henrik Sonstebo (1203470)

Hello gents,

On the 27th of November we have been asked by VATRUS to cooperate with them in a Helsinki-Moscow Shuttle event.

We are planning 16-18z for departures, so we'd probably need ACC until at least 1830z as well.

Please sign up below.

22.png

Juha-Matti Korvanen (830515)

I will never going to be part of this and I hope that nobody else will neither. This is not classy at all. What in the world are you thinking there?

Edited by Juha-Matti Korvanen (830515)

Aleksi Pitkanen (1588070)

Terrible idea. I fully agree with Juha-Matti, I could never even think about participating in an event like this. The argument ”politics shouldn’t be a part of VATSIM” is absolutely ridiculous. How is the war even politics anymore, thousands of people have died or lost their loved ones. Should we just ignore the invasion, and act like nothing has happened? Unreal. 

Apparently the VACC of Estonia declined VATRUS’ offer to cooperate in similiar event earlier this year. Why cannot we do the same? 

• Like 1

Christian Kovanen (1379372)
1 minute ago, Aleksi Pitkanen (1588070) said:

Terrible idea. I fully agree with Juha-Matti, I could never even think about participating in an event like this. The argument ”politics shouldn’t be a part of VATSIM” is absolutely ridiculous. How is the war even politics anymore, thousands of people have died or lost their loved ones. Should we just ignore the invasion, and act like nothing has happened? Unreal. 

Apparently the VACC of Estonia declined VATRUS’ offer to cooperate in similiar event earlier this year. Why cannot we do the same? 

Tää on staffing threadi. Muu keskustelu muualla ja mielipiteet vatsimin linjauksiin voi osoittaa [email protected]

I will give our Russian colleagues a heads-up that Finnish airspace may not be staffed during this time, whether it be for personal or for demonstrational reasons.

In event dept we are open for discussions, but as @Christian Kovanen (1379372) says, please take politics outside of the staffing thread. All of our members are, of course, free to control anywhere they want at any time, but politicizing a hobby such as VATSIM is nothing short of just sad.

We will continue to engage with VATRUS so long as VATSIM's policy is to not engage in real world disasters or tragedies.

22.png

Tapio Sovijarvi (1562654)

Definitely not available. Will proapbly open EFRO_APP instead. Valoja päälle. 

Edited by Tapio Sovijarvi (1562654)
Typo