[18 Feb | 1900-2230z] Visit the Volcanos (EVRA/EHAM → BIKF)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Another big Iceland event! 🇮🇸 On 18th February, we'll be hosting the Visit the Volcanos event together with the Dutch and Latvian vACCs. This is a uni-directional city pair, with traffic departing either EVRA or EHAM and arriving at BIKF. Event traffic will be slotted with bookings.

Arrivals are slotted to land at BIKF between approx. 2000-2200z. Therefore, we will need staffing from 1900-2230z.

This will be a rostered event, subject to controller availability. Positions we are looking to staff include:

• BIRD_E1_CTR
  • BIRD_S1_CTR
  • BIKF_APP
  • BIKF_TWR
  • BIKF_GND
  • (If staffing permits) EKVG_I_TWR, to reduce the workload of BIRD_E1

All Icelandic "local" controllers, as well as controllers from neighboring VATSCA FIRs with the appropriate familiarization, are invited to join the party! Please reply to this forum thread with your rating and availability (as well as preferred positions if any.)

Edited by Jonathan Fong (1308253)
  • Like 1

Jonathan Fong (1308253)

C1, avail full event Unavailable

Edited by Jonathan Fong (1308253)

Morten Jelle (1012739)

C3, available whole event. 

• Like 1

Morten Jelle
VATSIM Network Supervisor - Team Lead

Andri Bjorn Ragnarsson (1518589)

S3, all event. Wouldn't mind BIKF_APP if possible :)

• Like 1

Henri Luiro (1458761)

S3, all event. F_APP if possible

Edited by Henri Luiro (1458761)
  • Like 1

Viktor Espenhain (1563351)

Able S2, preferably TWR (Also not permitted to be on EKVG)

Edited by Viktor Espenhain (1563351)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jonathan Fong (1308253)

@Morten Jelle (1012739) @Ryan Miltenberger (1350654) @Andri Bjorn Ragnarsson (1518589) @Henri Luiro (1458761) @Bartek Zawadzki (1476793) @Viktor Espenhain (1563351) @Lewis Corcoran (1316430)

Hello all, thank you for bearing with me on the delay as I navigated my travel plans yesterday.

Here is the roster for tomorrow's Visit the Volcanos event: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSiMExU1931JYywIgnjXRpMocw-gwKRQtSyaqkZU2h5ebLqbAcO_r9cc_sLYNxapaLy2FMgFZQRJFMW/pubhtml

I have tried to design the roster to give everyone a fair chance on the positions they are qualified for, taking into account each controller's availability, Iceland experience (in general and in events), and the traffic flow expected for the event.

Please DM me on Discord (@mythic_fci) if you have any questions. Thanks, and all the best tomorrow! (I will be unable to join directly due to work, but I am wishing you all the best!)

• Like 1