We're changing forum

We've changed our software forum to a more lightweight and open source solution. This old forum is still available and will enter a read-only state soon. Please use this transition period to copy the material you wish to keep, as no automatic transfer will be performed.

Visit new forums

TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 9

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Beta 9 attached.

Changes from beta 8:

• Bug fixes
  • Some changes to CPDLC message handling
    • Closed CPDLC messages are automatically moved to history messages after 60 seconds (adjustable setting)
    • Downlink requests are automatically rejected if an open uplink clearance or downlink request exists for the same message type (for example a level request when a previous level request is still in progress)

TopSky25b9.zip

• Thanks 3

Juha Holopainen

For users of the Finnish setup, the attached package contains plugin data files and EuroScope settings files compatible with the beta version. Overwrite the existing files with the ones in this package to get the intended behavior (must be repeated every time the sector package is updated as it contains the files compatible with plugin version 2.4).

Minor changes from the previous beta:

• TopSkySettings.txt updated

setup_finland.zip

• Juha Holopainen unlocked this topic
Gursel Alp (1434943)

Hello Juha,

I had bugs on CPDLC when Level Request send with condition such as:
- AT WAYPOINT

- DUE TO PERFORMANCE
- DUE TO WEATHER
etc.

When it has condition or freetext, TopSky reply immediatly with reject message.

Also never happened but got feedback from beta 8, when traffic send DCL with free text controller can not send DCL due to remarks. Can you check if it remains with beta 9.

Hannes Altmann (1395737)

Hello Juha, 

could you please consider adding a setting to automatically download the remote area activations just as it is already available for the AUP data (Areas_AUP_Activation)? Currently, we need to click the "Remote" button in the AMS window to load the remote area data. 

Juha Holopainen

Beta 9 has no known bugs at this time. With enough people using it, something will eventually come up but if it was only me testing things, I'd never get anything released.

Once I know that the remote activation system works as expected, I will publish a setting to activate it automatically. As I don't use that function myself, I have no idea if it works as it should.

Gursel Alp (1434943)
14 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Beta 9 has no known bugs at this time. With enough people using it, something will eventually come up but if it was only me testing things, I'd never get anything released.

Once I know that the remote activation system works as expected, I will publish a setting to activate it automatically. As I don't use that function myself, I have no idea if it works as it should.

Here is an example, he put freetext for climb request and it denied by TopSky.
https://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/message.html?msgid=14465320
https://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/message.html?msgid=14465322

If he sent only "REQUEST FL370", plugin reacts normally.

*Update on this one:
image.png.9685519035eedbb0c049570dfd6a96a1.png

So unsupported format is "REQUEST CRUISE CLIMB TO FL400", tested with Horizon 787. Freetext is not a factor.

Edited by Gursel Alp (1434943)

Juha Holopainen

Everything seems to be in order there (except that the plugin should possibly have responded to the second climb request with an error message as the "climb FL400" uplink hadn't been responded to yet). A list of supported message types can be found in the plugin documentation's datalink functions part. It's hard to be exact about what is supported as everything is freetext in the Hoppie system and the plugin has to parse the received message and try to figure out what is meant by it - the fact that every new aircraft client has its own way of doing things doesn't exactly make things easier.

• Thanks 1

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)
AREA:STCA_AREA:STCA3
BOUND:C:N038.45.50.040:W009.08.20.010:50
LIMITS:0:245

This BOUND line causes the plugin to crash and Euroscope to unload it, when pressing STS / Plugin Status > Areas > View. If I change it to a CIRCLE line it works fine.

Edited by Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

Alessio Prencia (1300853)

Hello Juha, thank you for your work, i have a few questions.

- Is it possible to assign a different color to acft labels/tags who are not squawking the ASSR?

- Is it possible to shorten the next fix in order to have only the first 3 letters shown in the tag?

- is it possible to only have the last 2 letters of the ICAO for ADES show in the tag instead of the full code?

If not possible, are these planned features? Thank you