Event suggestions

Aleksander Storma (1145889)

Otto Suhonen
On 16.3.2017 at 7:56 AM, Otto Suhonen said:

Looks like Atlantic crossing events at getting really popular(someone might have noticed the traffic amount of EDDF-KJFK shuttle). I think that we could arrange something like that too. We could pick one of our hubs(efhk might be good, because it hasn't been part of ctp ever ;)) and one from USA. Enroute staffing would probably be easy to arrange, because traffic would probably cross Atlantic via Iceland cta. And of course we need to try to get some staffing in USA end too, but Germans did it, why we couldn't. This event could take place at the end of spring. What do you think?

Does @Martin Tornberg or @Aleksander Storma have any opinion on this?

Aleksander Storma (1145889)

Interesting idea, but we have to think whether EFHK really has a potential like EDDf does ;)

• Like 1

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

I like the idea. Could it be interesting to take a destination further to the west so we have the majority of the traffic go via Iceland? Like EFHK-CYYZ shuttle?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mattias Krogstad (1352844)

This a bit of short notice. But next week the UEFA Europa League Final will be held in Stockholm (25th of May). And Stockholm Arlanda will be up for a challenge with a huge load of chartered flights flying up with supporters from the two finalists (Manchester United and Ajax). 

So I had a thought if it would be possible to simulate an event like this on VATSIM? In real life parking slots will be limited, that will not necessarily happen on VATSIM but the idea still seems cool, just my opinion :D

Here is a document about the event from Airport Coordination Sweden: http://www.airportcoordination.com/log/images/uefa_slot_alloc_procedure.pdf

Most information about the real life information is already published on the Notam.

What do you think? :)

• Like 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)
1 hour ago, Mattias Krogstad said:

What do you think? :)

Nice idea! I just checked that the final will be played on the 24th, so having the event on the 25th is probably a good idea (so we don't lose all the football fans! ;)).

In real life they will be using RWY 08/26 as parking space for the large amount of visiting charter aircraft. It's probably difficult to simulate this in a useful way though...

Edited by Martin Loxbo
  • Like 1

Mattias Krogstad (1352844)

Indeed, but in real life that will be the case because of the regular traffic that still need to use the gates. During a VATSIM event I doubt it will be that much traffic that we will be forced to use a runway for parking :D

Nice idea but a bit short notice for proper advertising. I will work something out for this one on 25 May. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I noticed that. However the timings at least for Sweden was proper sh*t. :(

Wygene Chong
51 minutes ago, Martin Tornberg said:

Haha yes. You need more Aussies controlling in Sweden :P 

• Like 1

Martin Stockzell (1294494)
3 hours ago, Martin Tornberg said:

4-6am Z? :D Shiiiit ;)

• Like 1

Well, I will publish staffing threads for the featured airports as we get closer. 

• Like 1

Krister Larsen (1340812)
On 25.4.2017 at 10:19 AM, Max August Larsson Kuhla said:

Maybe an event at Vaernes for the upcoming scenery compatible with P3D ?

No published release date yet

Scenery is now released, just few minutes ago :D 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123845-trondheim-vaernes-x-v20-released/

So release event, would be verry cool!

Edited by Krister Larsen
Krister Larsen
Director of Norway FIR
VATSIM Scandinavia
www.vatsim-scandinavia.org
Email.png

I have sorted out one copy that Aerosoft will sponsor us for that event. Banner and advertising to be published within the next few days. 

• Like 3

Hampus Norrby (1329366)

I'm aware that it has already been mentioned however, there's some pretty decent freeware scenery available for the southern parts of Sweden, including quite a few small GA-fields. What about staffing up for some VFR?

Edited by Hampus Norrby
  • Like 3

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
On 12.6.2017 at 11:51 AM, Martin Tornberg said:

I have sorted out one copy that Aerosoft will sponsor us for that event. Banner and advertising to be published within the next few days. 

Will it shortly be published?

• 1 month later...
Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

Seeing as SAS are a large operator of the CRJ900, might it be an idea for an Aerosoft CRJ/SAS appreciation event?

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton
Grammatiska korrigeringar
  • Like 1

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Thanks for suggestion, I'm currently on holiday until 14 Aug but I will look into it when I'm back. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Saw Worldflight 2017 ad go up on the main vatsim forum:

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=75007

For VATSCA, we have:

• 8th Nov | 1645-1915z | CYYR > BGSF
  • 8th Nov | 2005-2215z | BGSF > BIKF
  • 8th Nov | 2305-0125z | BIKF > EGPD
  • 9th Nov | 0215-0420z | EGPD > ESSA
  • 9th Nov | 0510-0730z | ESSA > LOWI

As usual, they're calling for external volunteers to step in if local ATC is not online. 

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) locked this topic