Euroscope and updating sector files

Harald Kvangarsnes

Harald Kvangarsnes

A few days ago I was controlling TWR at Ålesund, ENAL. 
I had a pilot flying to Gardermoen, this was after Airac 1508 was released. In the IPPC charts from Avinor the SID for TITOD has been removed and replaced with GIGIR.

Next I notice that Euroscope and the sectorfile is not updated, I still have TITOD as a SID. No problemorino, I give the pilot an Omnidirectional Departure.

Now enough "foreplay", here is the issue.
I tried to update the sector files from Euroscope, for Norway and got an error message. I tested also adding the sectorfiles from Sweden and Denmark to see if they also was downloaded, still the same error.
The error is posted below, anyone know why this is happening? Is the files available on the servers of Vatsim Scandinavia?

Best regards
Harald

euroscope_error.PNG

Harald Kvangarsnes

@Christian Frederiksen reported that this also is a problem for Denmark (in the old forum).

Same problem for Denmark.

It's still a issue when I start Euroscope.
From what I understand the files are not present on http://vatsim-scandinavia.org/euroscope/secotrfiles/country/sectorfilename

My questions are:
- Is the files still present on the server (have the file location changed)?
- Is there a way to manually update the sector-files?

Hope this gets solved when someone is back from vacation.  :D

Best regards
Harald

Martin Loxbo (811805)

As I replied in the old forum, the Swedish files are not available for automatic download. You have to download the package manually on the website. Not sure about the other countries!

Claus Hemberg Joergensen (1138158)

Mathias has fixed it for the danish files (both from inside ES and manual download from the website). I am not sure if the fix also solves the problem with the norwegian files.

Claus Hemberg Jørgensen
Training Director, Vatsim-Scandinavia

Mathias Johnsen (839996)

Earlier on the old server, the files had a different directory setup then we got now on the new server. I've updated the database with the new directory setup, and changed the symlink from the old directory setup to the new one, and everything should be up and running again. 

Sorry that I missed this when moving the server, it was way at the bottom on my list of todo's :)