Best mesh of Farøerne for P3D?

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Hi,

I installed the Varga 2.0 reloaded on top of FS Global 2010 mesh and FSX Global & Vector.

Is there any more precise mesh around the Farøerne ?

/Stephen

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

A320 MSFS FBW VR and Skalarki panels w converted real sidestick and tiller.

Wygene Chong

Hi Stephen,

I don't know for a Faroese-specific mesh, but FTX Global is pretty much the best out there for the world :) 

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Hi Wygene,

Thanks - well Flying ILS30 I found that there was still a bit to go compared to the real approaches I have seen...

Is Global better than the mesh in  Faroe Islands Scenery Version 5 ?

I read something about incompatibility with the Vagar 2.0...

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Funny - there seems to be two links:

http://www.azurafiles.com/index.php?id_product=57&controller=product Discusses issues with compatibility.

I did not yet install FIS v5, so am currently running only FS Global...

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Wygene,
This is what is stated:

Faroe Islands v5 and Vagar Airport Reloaded - compatibility limited.
It has been reported by users that many city and town areas are not compatible 
if you delete the files as shown in the readme file for Faroe Islands Scenery v5.
The only part which is compatible is the mesh aspect of the scenery.
Faroe Islands Scenery v5 is therefor not fully compatible with Vagar Airport Reloaded.
Do not use with Faroe Islands Scenery v5 if you are not okay with these known issues.
Make sure that you create a backup for the Faroe Islands Scenery v5 prior to any tweaks, if you go ahead with it.

Vagar Airport Reloaded does not require Faroe Islands Scenery v5 and works fine with the default FSX mesh.
It is possible to use the mesh only if that is what You want, and many do, but the above issues remain.
If you purchase Vagar Airport Relaoded for the intend to use with the Faroe Islands Scenery v5 addon,
you do so at your own risk. - See more at: http://www.azurafiles.com/index.php?id_product=57&controller=product#sthash.V07xc0Oh.dpuf

Sounds odd to me. If the Vagar product only covers the airport and immediate vicinity, why is there then an issue with the "many city and town areas"...

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

Wygene Chong

It is strange. Have you tried it with the Faroe Islands v5 scenery? Maybe it has something to do with the loading order in FSX (like whether it loads one scenery before another). Although if you only plan to fly to EKVG, then I think there will be no problem. It's only if you fly to other heliports or want to do VFR around towns that there might be an issue.

I personally only have Faroe Islands v5... not Vagar Airport Reloaded/FTX Global :)

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

ok - The only product of the 3 I dont have installed is FI5. :-)
Any idea what mesh LOD he has in FI5?

The Avsim download page does not say much...

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK