[VACANT POSITION] Training Director ACCSCA2

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Vatsim Scandinavia is seeking a new Training Director. According to the constitution, the tasks of the TD are:

• Has the overall responsibility for the Training Department.
  • Reports relevant Training Department issues to the VATSIM Scandinavia Board.
  • Responsible for documentation and procedures for ATC training.
  • Responsible for ATC manuals.
  • Is responsible for recruitment and removal of mentors as needed.
  • Has right to make rating upgrades to VATEUD.

Minimum rating requirement: C1

Applications should be mailed to election@vatsim-scandinavia.org no later than 1. June 00:00Z

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Application period ended!

Application/s received and review process has started!

Magnus

• 2 weeks later...
Christian Frederiksen

Still under board review.

Christian Frederiksen
Director of Copenhagen FIR
Denmark@vatsim-scandinavia.org

Board have not reached unanimous decision, during it´s election process and by that there will be an public voting among "active ATC members".  

Constitution 5.7.3

Appointment of members of the executive staff is done in cooperation with the present executive staff. If the present staff is unanimously for the new candidate, he/she can be appointed without further election. If the present staff is not unanimous, a public voting should be held in the same manner as for election of director. The present staff constitutes the election committee and each member can propose one candidate.

Constitution 6.1

Elections should be announced to all VATSIM Scandinavia members by e-mail together with the electable candidates at least one week prior to the election. Permanent ATC members whom are active or on leave are eligible to vote and have one vote each. There is no vote by proxy.

I will start the process according to Constitution 6.1 today!

Magnus

• Like 3

Peter Ingerslev Nielsen

There will be no public Vote on the position of TD  (vACC/Division Level/Region Level) for many reasons

If the Board cannot get into one line then then this is another issue. 

Mikkel Lindgren (1003540)
1 minute ago, Peter Ingerslev Nielsen said:

There will be no public Vote on the position of TD  (vACC/Division Level/Region Level) for many reasons

If the Board cannot get into one line then then this is another issue. 

Peter - This is a constitution matter - This is the constitution of VATSIM Scandinavia, and I believe that we have to follow that - Then we'll have to take it up in the future if we want a change to the constitution on this matter.

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

3 minutes ago, Peter Ingerslev Nielsen said:

Not really Mikkel

Please explain why in stead of just neglecting our constitution!

• Like 4

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Peter Ingerslev Nielsen

Mikkel,

I do not often interfere or get involved in my home vACC. if you all check my record I have not ever voted for anyone.

I am the one who approved the initial  Constitution (at the the time written by SSO, and I was VATEUD1) time moves on which is perfect and what we want to see, BUT..

A TD needs to be 100% impartial, only looking at facts. the TD  cannot ever be held to being "voted" on and then be kept "hostage"

A TD is appointed, not voted to the position

Having said all this

https://www.vatsim.net/sites/default/files/documents/VATSIM - Code of Regulations (Final)-Oct15.pdf

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Peter, as you know very well our constitution requires us to have a public vote in these circumstances. VATEUD has had no objection to the constitution, so for you to come on here and criticise the election is quite extraordinary.

As you also know we are very open to input from higher levels of VATSIM government, and amendments to our constitution can always be discussed and practices revised, but interfering with this process when it's already been put in motion just strikes me as unprofessional and not constructive.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Peter Ingerslev Nielsen said:

This makes no sence to me - I'm not gonna read through 114 pages to find your point.

Could you please tell me what paragraph you are refering to?

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

It may not be my place to ask, but I have a hard time of grasping the term "held hostage" here. If, for some reason, the choosen TD is voted via some sort of hostile take over, what's stopping him from just stepping down or rejecting the position?

I get why a board appointment is the better option, but here we are in a position where two people, voluntary, has applied for a position. Why should the members of the vACC hold the boards opinions higher then their own? I mean, a similar scenario of someone being voted in could just as easliy (or more easily if we're just using regular math) be voted in directly via the board.

Not to sound like some sort of querulant, but I guess that it takes a lot for the Vatsim Vice president of regions to interfere with a small local decision? Don't get me wrong, I think it's quite exiting that something like this draws attention from above. But I guess that I'm not the only one that wonders why....

Peter Ingerslev Nielsen

Magnus, Flo. Apos and I will talk about this matter on Tuesday.

My aim is always to ensure there cannot ever be a repeat of 2004

Friends and relatives are nice, and I am the first to applaud Democracy.

But you as members vote a vACC Director and he in turn for better or worse appoints staff. and STAFF are not there to be popular or voted on. They are there to be a pain, monitor and lead. 

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Perhaps you have a point Peter, but why only bring this up now? Our constitution has had the same provisions for years.

Anyway good to hear that you will have a meeting - hopefully it will be productive.

"Repeat of 2004"? Sorry, no idea what you're talking about, although admittedly in 2004 I was only an S1. Please explain.

Wygene Chong

Peter, 

I hope the meeting will be productive. I have great respect for you personally but I agree with Loxbo's statements: you do have a good point but this is the wrong time to bring it up. Or alternatively, this is the wrong way to bring it up. You have to see how extraordinary it is for a VATSIM Governor to step in to the local community and annul a vote with very little reasoning and open an investigation into a constitution which has been approved through the chain of command many times over. I do not see how the Training Director - or any of the FIR Director positions - is different to the vACC Director, for whom we are allowed to hold valid elections. They are all executive positions in the constitution. Imagine if a VATSIM Founder suddenly read the minutes of a BoG meeting, and turned around to annul all the decisions and request a review of the BoG. It would cause an uproar. 

Hvis det er lettere å forstå på et nordisk språk: det må være mer diplomati. Vi har ikke gjørt noe annerledes enn tidligere. Det er ikke en nødsituasjon i Skandinavia. Å gå inn og oppheve prosessen - offentlig - mens den fortsatt er i gang er ekstraordinære og utrolig. Det kan skade vårt samfunnet mer enn valgresultatet kunne har gjørt... noen gang. Jeg håper at møtet blir produktivt og at løsningen skal finnes.

Igjen, jeg respekterer deg og jobben du gjør globalt. Men jeg synes at beslutningen her er feil.

Those are my thoughts and I hope you will consider them in the meeting. I will not add further to this discussion.

• Like 15

• Magnus Gustafsson (880543) unpinned this topic