[Event/Groupflight] Connecting The Dots: Suggestions!

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Hello all pilots!

I have an idea for an event, where we'll places "dots" on a map and then fly between them - Connecting The Dots ;)

The idea is then that we're going to fly the flights as a group and I'll try to be with you on as many of the legs as possible.

But before we can fly planning must be done! Therefore I'd like some suggestions for airports to fly to. If you also can link to scenery, freeware or payware - doesn't matter, then I'd be more than happy :D

I hope that this will come out as good as I think it will :)

Link to map: http://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=2052988&x=-4.522949&y=35.524394&z=13

Best regards,

Gustav, ACCSCA14 Pilot Coordinator

Edited by Gustav Kauman
  • Like 1

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

As an airport inside SCA it would be nice to feature Gothenburg Landvetter ESGG as part of event - payware scenery @ secure.simmarket.com/rc-design-esgg-gothenburglandvetter-v2_fsx-p3d.phtml

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Otto Suhonen

Would it be vfr, ifr or both? 

Suggestions from me are:

Rovaniemi(EFRO) in most beautiful part of finland with awesome Rovaniemi revisited 2015 -scenery(free) by Tatu Kantomaa(update). 

Of course also Helsinki-Vantaa(EFHK) is good option.

And if we're flying vfr or other GA stuff, we shouldn't forget our awesome Helsinki-Malmi airport (EFHF) in the heart of Helsinki

Scenery for EFHF: First downdoad this(fs2004-version). Then, if you want to make scenery compatible with your fsx download this and paste folders to fs2004-scenery folder and choose replace when asked. Then you have working scenery for fsx. This is little complex, but scenery is awesome. if you face any proiblems with this, feel free to pm me.

EDIT: added efhf scenery installing instructions.

Edited by Otto Suhonen
  • Like 1

Gustav Kauman (1262761)
19 minutes ago, Otto Suhonen said:

Would it be vfr, ifr or both? 

My idea is IFR, but of course if everyone wants to do something different we can do so :)

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep them coming! The airports doesn't have to inside VATSCA, anything is good :D

Wygene Chong

Good idea! BGGH > BGSF > BGAA is my suggestion, using the Flight Sim Greenland sceneries. Perfect for Dash 7, Dash 8, Fokker 50, BAe 146 and total flying time is less than 2 hours. 

Otto Suhonen
9 hours ago, Gustav Kauman said:

My idea is IFR, but of course if everyone wants to do something different we can do so :)

One nice way to include it, could be that after we have arrived to EFHK, we change airplanes to something smaller, and do short EFHK-EFHF-EFHK vfr hops. I can help you with Finnish vfr procedures if you're unfamiliar with them.

Edited by Otto Suhonen

Gustav Kauman (1262761)
39 minutes ago, Otto Suhonen said:

One nice way to include it, could be that after we have arrived to EFHK, we change airplanes to something smaller, and do short EFHK-EFHF-EFHK vfr hops. I can help you with Finnish vfr procedures if you're unfamiliar with them.

That is a nice idea! We can take a look at it later down the road :)

• Like 1

Mikkel Lindgren (1003540)

I'll like to suggest two danish airports with very nice scenery.

Of course, Copenhagen/EKCH, as you all know for it's stunning FlyTampa scenery, which is payware, however.

http://www.flytampa.org/ekch.html

But another airport, that I don't think is very well-known outside the danish boarders is Aarhus/EKAH, which has a very nice freeware scenery from Vidan Design (Vidan's scenerys are mostly payware, but EKAH is an exception, but the quality is still similar to many other payware-sceneries.)

http://www.vidandesign.com/aarhusairportx.html

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

• 3 weeks later...
Dace Nicmane

I'm sure the Scandinavians know this already, but the Faroe Islands have an interesting approach to runway 12 with an offset final approach course and some scenic sights. I posted some screenshots here. The airport scenery for X-plane can be downloaded here.

In Scandinavia I also like Trondheim. Perhaps ENVA-EKVG? (500 nm) :)

fi8jV8e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Hello!

I know there has been some silence on my side for the last couple of weeks - I've been enjoying the (not so great) summer in Denmark. I'll arrange everything once I get back in to "office" next Saturday!

Thanks,

Gustav

• Like 1

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

What about ENCN? Not a huge airport with limited stands but are close to the water, infact the approach for 04 is over the water.

The freeware scenery for ENCN is a bit tricky to install but once done it are differently worth it, also includes several other airports in Norway. The quality is good to be a freeware scenery.

Link to scenery: http://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/default.php?funct=dl&pack=aon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) unpinned this topic