Reality XP/Flight1 GTN

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

Damon Hemstrom Burton (1270930)

Hej!

So, I'm starting to fly some longer "VFR" or "IFR" routes, where the basic "looking out of the window" or default GPS in the A2A Cherokee for example isn't enough. I'd like to do some proper flying, instrument flying, but with RNAV and GPS functions (so some basic VOR-VOR-NDB-ILS as well as GPS points) 

Do any of you use the Flight1 GTN series or the Reality XP GNS530 etc? Which is better? Any suggestions? Worth it? As fun as it's been flying VOR VOR and NDB navigation, for P3/P4 ratings and training with ATOs I think these new shiny GPS things become necessary...

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton

Med vänliga hälsningar | With kind regards

Damon Hemström Burton (1270930) 

5aa038026e870_Louise-Swinglish-Flagsmall.jpg.738ae05b06b664de8db44b0a1bb6cc48.jpg Jag svarar kanske på Engelska då det ser konstigt ut när jag skriver på Svenska även om jag förstår allt ni säger...

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Even though I don't have the Reality XP GPS, I have the GTN from Flight1. I don't really have any big complains with it. It runs on the trainer from Garmin, which is both good and bad. Good in that it, of course, is completely accurate, bad in the way that you can't update the navigation database with out buying the real deal. Otherwise I think it's perfect! :)