Instructions to join event

Guest Andrew Farmer

Guest Andrew Farmer

Greetings!

I am very interested in joining this weekend's event but I am not sure if I need to book a flight or time slot in order to join.  Also, I am not a member of vatsim Scandinavia, can I still participate?

I am based in US but London is my real home and I do most of my (offline) flying in EU.  I prefer the EU ATC rules and procedures!  I feel confident that I know my aircraft well, but I have never flown an event before so I am a bit scared about how I will handle complex instructions.  But I will review all the info on this site to be prepared.  The route I'm interested in is ESSA-EKCH and I have flown it many times (offline).  I hope not to inconvenience anyone and have a smooth enjoyable flight.

Thank you, 

Andrew 

Guest Andrew Farmer

Many thanks for the helpful advice!  My aircraft is the 737 NG which I know very well and I've made many approaches into CPH, mainly to 22L but I know all the fixes in case another runway is in use.  It will be very exciting to have company in the sky and friendly ATC guiding me around.  

The wealth of information on the vatsim Scandinavia site is amazing and I hope to digest most of it so I'll know what to expect.

Cheers!

Andrew

• Like 1

Jonas Bergenholz (1217749)

Hi Andrew.

im sure you will be just fine.. The briefing pack for Copenhagen might be worth a look:

http://vatsim-scandinavia.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Briefing-Copenhagen-Kastrup-V2.pdf

And this for arlanda

http://vatsim-scandinavia.org/pilots/airports/sweden/essa-stockholmarlanda/

I suggest you try the flight online before the event to get used to it :)

see you in the airspace.

Guest Andrew Farmer

I did it!  I just completed my flight from ESSA to EKCH as SAS1429.  The ATC was friendly, helpful, and professional all the way from Arlanda Clearance to Kastrup Apron.  The feeling is exhilarating, I am grateful and thankful to have been part of this event.  Thank you to all and have a great evening!

• Like 9