The Swedish and Russian controllers of VATSIM would like to welcome you for a winter shuttle event between Stockholm-Arlanda (ESSA) and Moscow-Sheremetyevo (UUEE). Pack your bags and plan for a flight between the both airports on Sunday 10 January starting at 16z until 20z. Expect excellent ATC coverage and a fun Sunday evening of flying in the north.
Due to recent airspace changes within Russia and especially Moscow area, we highly recommend to use the latest AIRAC cycle available.
- AIRAC 2014 is highly advised (new routes, SIDs, STARs in Moscow since 03.12.20);
- expect STAR from DIPOP;
- don’t forget to choose correct IAF in your FMS (via/trans);
- follow all speed and altitude constraints of SID/STAR unless you get 'unrestricted' instuctions;
- if your aircraft is not certified for RNAV, advise ATC as soon as possible and you will be vectored;
- all STARs have point merge system arcs, so expect shortcuts;
- expect secondary STARs from LONAF, TAFNI, SUKIT, TIRDE. They are used when initial STAR is overloaded. You may be rerouted to а secondary STAR at any moment;
- runway 06L/24R is closed;
- mostly RWY 06C/24C is used for arrivals and 06R/24L - for departures, but anyway pay attention on ATC instructions.
Charts and sceneries at https://vatrus.info/airport/UUEE?lang=eng
For charts, briefing and scenery suggestions please visit: https://vatsim-scandinavia.org/pilots/airports-charts/airport/essa/
Please use the recommended routes, listed below:
ESSA-UUEE: BABAP P607 NEBSI DCT NOTAR N609 DURTI M864 DIPOP
UUEE-ESSA: TOKNU T288 STAPA M869 SOSEB P607 NOTAR DCT LUPET L77 XILAN
We hope that you will join us for a fun evening of flying between the capitals of Russia and Sweden.
St Basil's Cathedral: Yaroslav Murashkin
Stockholm City Hall: MindBlocker