[10 Dec 17-23z] Fly and See Santa 2016

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Fly-and-See-Santa-2016.jpg

10 December from 17-23z it's time to visit Santa Claus again, as usual Vatsim-Scandinavia will staff Rovaniemi (EFRO), Luleå (ESPA) and Tromsø (ENTC) throughout the evening.

Since this event attracts a fair amount of pilots we highly recommend to bring a lot of holding fuel. And it doesn't hurt to bring your favorite bevarage and candy onboard since it will most likely be a long night for you. 

Visit our Santa web for pilot briefing, charts and scenery suggestion to make your visit to the north as enjoyable as possible.

Vatsim-Scandinavia hope you will enjoy this year's Fly and See Santa.

Santa web

Merry Christmas!

• Like 9

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Posted on Vattastic :) 

I'll be online on BIRD in the afternoon for people wanting to start flying up north then (3-4 hour flight to Finland).

Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Just have to come here and congratulate you all on the event. I've been unable to join the event since I joined VATSIM so this was the first event for and I can just say WOW. What a night. Re-routings, airspace closed, holds :) I think I had 5 planes circling beneath me at one point. Really really well done. A couple of close calls with break break climb now.

Sadly I also heard a lot of people whine over the holds on the radio, for me all of them were expected as a single runway airport can only handle so much traffic. Once again, thank you so so much for organizing something of this scale in the Nordics and getting such an amount of controllers to spend their free time to handle the traffic. Pat yourselves on the back, this was amazing. Merry Christmas and I'll talk to you in the skies again!

• Like 12

Stefan Gross (1373848)

Such a great event, everyone was super professional and as a first event for me who is quite new within VATSIM this was truly amazing!

• Like 3

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Debrief is ongoing in FIR sub-forums, so I present an excel sheet here with some gathered stats for Fly and See Santa for 2015/2016 to compare traffic inbound event airports

Magnus

FSS stats.xlsx

• Like 1

• Aleksander Storma (1145889) unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy