The passing of Thomas Polden

Mats Edvin Aaro (1227980)

Mats Edvin Aaro (1227980)

It is with deep regrets I announce that our joyful friend Thomas Polden has passed away, only 30 years old. 

Thomas was a cheerful man, living out his aviation dream through the VATSIM community. He was an active user of VATSCA's TeamSpeak, where many users of Norway FIR got to know him. From the first second, his enthusiastic voice filled the whole channel, and encouraged to many debates, laugher and joy. 

All thoughts go out to his friends and family in this rough time. 

May he rest in peace. 

Daniel Klepp (1035750)

Truly sad news! I did not know him well, but his joyful voice on the frequency will be missed :(

C1/INS rated
AFIS Officer at ENOV

Håvard Halvorsen (1284176)

Rest in peace, Thomas :( You were always full of joy and enthusiasm. Will miss your voice on the frequency... :(

Blue skies, Thomas!

Håvard Halvorsen
Training Director

Rest in peace Thomas. I always looked forward to chatting on the frequency; will miss your enthusiasm and professionalism. Blue skies.

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Terrible news, he was a nice friendly voice on the frequency and he will be missed! Thoughts to his family and friends. 

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

Indeed very sad news :( I didn't know Thomas well, but talked to him noumorous times as he passed the sky of Denmark. A very friendly and profficient pilot. He will be missed.

Mathias Johnsen (839996)

I can't believe that he is taken away from us. It is too early! Rest in peace Thomas, I will be thinking about you every time I watch movies on Plex from now on.

Bjornar Bukholm (1309217)

Takk for noen gode samtaler og minner, og takk for hjelpen du gav!

Thanks for some great conservations and memories, and thanks for the help you gave!

Rest in peace ,Thomas! 

Sebastian Rekdal (1240094)

It's not only unthinkable - it's unfair. Such a nice young, wise man. May he rest in peace! 

Sebastian Rekdal | C3
VATSIM United Kingdom
...og en ekstremt pratsom bergenser

Though I did not know him personally, the statements from his friends on the forums here is more than enough to convince me the type of person he was. My thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends.

Rest in peace.

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

For information there will be a commemorative fly-in in honor of Thomas Polden. More details coming shortly. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...