[6 May 17z-] Arctic Shuttle

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Banner.jpg

VATSIM-Scandinavia and VATCAN would like to welcome all pilots to something different, an Arctic Shuttle from BIKF to CYYC. 

Take your favorite aircraft for an exciting flight across the beautiful and vast nature in the north on Saturday 6 May.

Icelandic controllers will be online from 17z to facilitate departures out from Keflavik (BIKF). Then the pilots will enjoy enroute coverage from Iceland all the way to Calgary where the Canadian controllers will greet you upon arrival.

To make your crossing from Iceland to Canada as enjoyable as possible we highly recommend to visit our prilot briefing which covers everything from Oceanic clearances to arrival procedures in Calgary. 

Briefing: BIKF, CYYC

Route suggestion:

BIKF-CYYC: SORIR DCT 66N030W 67N040W 68N050W 68N060W DCT CANEL NCAC YMM J517 CACHO Q882 DUDNI BIRKO3

BIKF-CYYC: RALOV DCT 65N030W 66N040W 67N050W DCT DARUB NCAD 090D DCT 60N100W DCT YKJ DCT YWV DCT PIKLA BIRKO3

Note: Due to adverse winds and weather the routes mentioned above is not necessarily the most fuel efficient.

• Like 5

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
Wygene Chong

This is on Saturday night! Starting 17:00z, full ATC in Iceland, across Greenland and in western and central Canada. Bring your friends, some snacks and drinks and a sense of humour :) 

• Like 1

Torben Andersen (861112)

Thank you for your effort in making an event in an area not often used for this.

I did a 2-leg flight (BIKF-BGSF + BGSF-CYYC) as my trusty B738 was too heavy for the entire trip in one leg. It would have been nice to have BGSF manned as well, but this is a minor issue. However CZEG_CTR was not manned during the entire event - more on an on-off basis. Looking on vroute I noticed that no booking was found for CZEG_CTR at all!! From 2030z to 2150z no atc at all in CZEG. After 2150z I got atc for the rest of my flight, only CTR though - no app, twr or gnd.

Hopefully in the future more atc is found in Canada. But everything starts small and grows from there. Having said that I wouldn't call it an event based on the scarse atc provided by VATCAN.

yours

Torben

• Like 2

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy