AccuMap - The newest and the best VATSIM "Who's online" client!

Eoin Motherway

Eoin Motherway

Surprise!
AccuMap v1 is out in the wild and available to all Windows users!
Our MacOS version is still in development and will be ready for download before Cross the Pond Eastbound 2017!

Special thanks to all of our developers, contributors, and testers for making this possible!

You can download it from our website here: http://accumap-project.com/
If you have any issues, feel free to send them to us also via the website.

Happy simming!

Please note: There are still some small issues with the app, but it's nothing that makes it unusable. Besides, we have a bug report tool for everything :)

• Like 7

AccuMapLeadDev.png

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Looks really promising.

I have a couple of things that I would like to change though. Maybe with individual settings.

When just glancing at the map, you have to select an aircraft to see its callsign, this would be great if it was already there (lex Vatspy).

When selecting an aircraft/airport the only way to "deselect" it is to click the X. Perhaps make it possible just to click outside on the map?

Perhaps some mouse over tool tips for all clickable buttons?

And last, I don't really feel like the info box really fits, no matter how large the main window is. Perhaps it's the font? It just looks out of place...

Great work. It's fantastic to see someone making a modern Vatsim map!

• Like 1

Wygene Chong

Nice work Eoin and team! Clean and modern style :) 

As Martin said above, it would be good to be able to see the callsigns, with an option to turn them on/off to reduce clutter. Or even like this: on/off/mouse over/at a certain zoom they appear. 

Daniel Klepp (1035750)

Agreed with Martin and Wygene, the most important thing for me when I just want to get a quick status on whats happening on the network is callsigns! It should be possible to toggle them :)

And also somtimes it is a bit laggy when zooming and paning. Maybe because of the high def map?

Other than that i love the fact that the real sectors are displayed! Another dream would be to be able to display the route of the aircraft by means of airac-data :D 

Edited by Daniel Klepp

C1/INS rated
AFIS Officer at ENOV

Hakan Schulz (937154)

Thanks Eion, for creating a modern, clean and great tool get a fast overview of the activity on VATSIM.

I like it. :)

Wygene Chong

Also just discovered the 'Ground View': wow. Click on an airport and press ground view, then zoom in and you get the AD chart :D 

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

I  noticed that ENTO_APP has a very nice detailed layout of it's sector.

I just forwarded the link to the swedish AIP so you can see how the sector layout is there. Hopefully you can make Sweden as detailed as well!

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel Klepp (1035750)
On 28.8.2017 at 10:09 PM, Martin Stockzell said:

I  noticed that ENTO_APP has a very nice detailed layout of it's sector.

I just forwarded the link to the swedish AIP so you can see how the sector layout is there. Hopefully you can make Sweden as detailed as well!

@Adrian Bjerke has been making layouts for Norway, if you want detailed layouts for Sweden, i guess you or someone else needs to apply to contribute to the app :)

Edited by Daniel Klepp
  • Like 2

C1/INS rated
AFIS Officer at ENOV

• 4 weeks later...
Tom Knudsen (925670)

Could'nt intsall this due to virus detection by AVG

2017-10-13_203238.png.dccf1087d82aa6729fd6bfc60e509eee.png

Had it through VirsuTotal and it reported only 3 program detection - AVG, AVAST and eGambit. So most likely something they react to. Even so, cannot install it unless I uninstall Euroscope which is for me the only option right now for a virus protection. Sad...  However I did notify the developer and asked him about this concern, let's hope its as I suspect, nothing. 

Edited by Tom Knudsen

Morten Jelle (1012739)

I have actually contacted the team of AccuMap and reported that one last month - it is because of their certificate, which they can't afford at the moment, so they are aware of the false positive made by alot of Antivirus software. I suggest deactivating the antivirus when installing, then it should work out.

Morten Jelle
VATSIM Network Supervisor - Team Lead

Tom Knudsen (925670)

Update. 

Changed to Sophos and got it installed.  Must say, this is by far the best VATSIM whos-online-tool out there now. Kinda buggy still, but a very good one for sure.