Cross the Pond Eastbound 2017 application

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Hi all, I would just like to inform that I have applied for Oslo-Gardermoen for Cross The Pond Eastbound 2017. This will be the only application for airfields within VATSIM-Scandinavia since we have better chance to get chosen if we focus on one airfield during the voting process. :)

• Like 8

On 5.9.2017 at 8:31 AM, Martin Tornberg said:

Hi all, I would just like to inform that I have applied for Oslo-Gardermoen for Cross The Pond Eastbound 2017. This will be the only application for airfields within VATSIM-Scandinavia since we have better chance to get chosen if we focus on one airfield during the voting process. :)

Hmm. Why is Copenhagen on the voting list too, then?

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)
42 minutes ago, Otto Suhonen said:

Hmm. Why is Copenhagen on the voting list too, then?

Is there a chance that someone else filed a application for EKCH?

• Confused 1

Daniel Klepp (1035750)

Hmm, not good. This might ruin our chances. Thought this was an agreement, that we increase our chances by applying for one airport in the vacc per event.. 

Hope we can work this out somehow 

• Like 2

C1/INS rated
AFIS Officer at ENOV

Discussion is under its way and Copenhagen might be removed from the voting process. However, for the time being vote for your favorite, regardless of it being either ENGM or EKCH. 

• Thanks 1

Mikkel Lindgren (1003540)

I, as FIR DIR of Copenhagen, recieved a request by an active controller to vote for EKCH as an arriving airfield for this CTP. I recieved and reacted to this request BEFORE this thread was opened. As far as I can see, this has not been a matter of discussion for every CTP when looking back in the forums, and when I did not see anything regarding this on the forum, I thought I was "in the clear" to apply for Copenhagen. At the end of the day, I was just reacting to a request from an active member. I have been a bit busy the last days, and I did not notice this thread before the application period ended. I will take up the discussion in the staff forum to find a solution from here.

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Magnus Gustafsson (880543)

Looking back in the forum (where I do not have access anymore) there should be obvious that in cases of major events, our Event department should inform/bee informed from the first thought of the event.

The coordination process regarding events was one of the long lasting task for me during my time as Director, where I was working on an SOP Event document but that was left on draft-level.

Still, unless things have changed there should be an forum thread in staff forum regarding the major things, for example "Planning Calendar", where I see that there is no post regarding the planing of the CPT!

This situation is not the ultimate one.

Magnus

• Like 4

Th thing with CTP application is that it's only a matter of days from when they announce that application is open to when the windows is closed. I chose ENGM purely because it was ENGM's turn to be sent in as an application.

Edited by Martin Tornberg

I hope you guys will accept my humble appologises.

I have not been aware of any agreement on this matter, and I have not been able to find it written down anywhere.

What I have done wrong here, is that I have stepped in to event departments area of responsibility. The least thing, I could have done, was to inform Martin immedeately after my application.

Let's see how this turns out, and based on these circumstances, In a situation where only Copenhagen or none of the airports are chosen, I think ENGM should be number one priority for 2018 westbound.

Edited by Mikkel Lindgren
  • Like 4

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Per Kristian Jensen (885486)

How about talking with Martin BEFORE applying? As it after all IS Event Departments area of responsibility? Just seeing as you mention you should have told Martin AFTER you applied.

7 minutes ago, Per Kristian Jensen said:

How about talking with Martin BEFORE applying? As it after all IS Event Departments area of responsibility? Just seeing as you mention you should have told Martin AFTER you applied.

The least thing does not mean the best thing.

Read what I write please - What I did wrong was to step into ED's field, which was a mistake from me. But after doing that mistake I made another one by not informing Martin immedeately after. We agree that I shouldn't have applied in the first place. That is Martin's job. I was not aware of that, but I am now.

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Mikkel Johnsen (1105694)
40 minutes ago, Krister Larsen said:

It has been mentioned earlier under this topic o.O

Then just leave it then? - Apology has been made.

" For the eastbound in October we will send an application for either EKCH or ENGM. "

So it will either be EKCH or ENGM.

But where is it mentioned that ENGM, is the chosen airport for this edition of CTP?

Edited by Mikkel Johnsen
  • Like 2

Guys, let's calm down. No need for hard feelings, it's just an event amongst others. More CTPs will come in the future. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the reason why I wrote that either EKCH or ENGM was to be selected next time was simply because I couldn't remember at that time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Both EKCH and ENGM has been selected to take part in this edition of CTP. More information will come as we get closer. 

Make sure 14 Oct is dedicated for either controlling or flying. :)

• Like 2

Mats Edvin Aaro (1227980)
55 minutes ago, Per Kristian Jensen said:

Allthough do note, there are SIX arrival fields an only 600 slots. That gives 100 Arrivals per airfield.

And from what I can tell, EGKK will get a lot of them.. hmm

Edit: BUT there will be a lot of non-slot flights as well..

Edited by Mats Edvin Aaro
  • Like 1

Jouka Ahponen (1239359)
5 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

And from what I can tell, EGKK will get a lot of them.. hmm

Edit: BUT there will be a lot of non-slot flights as well..

Every field gets equal amount of slots. EGKK is not given more slots than any other airport. UK slots usually go the fastest and also gather most interest from non-event traffic.

/ Jouka