Basic sceneries for some Swedish airports and air bases [FSX/P3D]

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Over the years I have made some sceneries for Swedish air bases, mainly those which are otherwise represented in FS by just a runway with no taxiways or aprons. I wanted to make sure that these airports were usable in FS and since nobody else did anything about it I decided to take the matter into my own hands. :P

I'm no 3D or model designer so visually these airports are quite basic, but I have made sure that they have the correct placement of runways, taxiways, aprons and navaids, and as far as possible I have made sure that taxiway signage is accurate and realistic.

Here I have attached the sceneries I have made for those airports where no other decent scenery exists at the moment. (For those familiar with Sweden Design, I have also made the base for most airports included in the project, including ESCF, ESDF, ESGJ, ESMX, ESMS, ESMT, ESMQ, ESNN, ESNK and more...)

Some of these sceneries have already been available on Avsim and RB Design, but I have received some reports that they don't work correctly in FSX/P3D. Originally they were made for FS2004, but the attached files have all been developed and tested in FSX and P3D (v3).

Here is a short description of the attached sceneries:

• ESCM Uppsala The former air base is still an active military airport. The scenery adds accurate taxiways and aprons and ILS for RWY 21.
  • ESFR Råda An auxiliary base for F7 Såtenäs. The scenery adds taxiways and aprons.
  • ESMV Hagshult An auxiliary base for F17 Ronneby. The scenery includes main runway and several "short runways" (road bases).
  • ESNJ Jokkmokk An auxiliary base for F21 Kallax. Along with Hagshult one of the few remaining air bases with short runways on normal roads (all included in the scenery).
  • ESPA Luleå/Kallax While there is a freeware scenery for Kallax it's very inaccurate. I have adjusted all taxiways and signage to be realistic, also on the military side of the airport, but this is scenery is basic when it comes to buildings.
  • ESPE Vidsel is part of RFN (Robotförsöksplats Norrland), nowadays known as Vidsel Test Range. This is where a lot of air forces come to test how to blow things up. ;) The air base has a main runway with ILS and three short runways scattered about in the woods.
  • ESIB Såtenäs Home of the F7 air force wing. As usual I have added accurate taxiways, aprons, parkings and signs.

To use these sceneries, simply install them in your Addon Scenery\scenery folder or similar.

If you want to use them as a base for your own freeware scenery and add buildings, objects etc, feel free to do so! Just let me know before you upload them anywhere to make sure we are both happy with the result. :)

Enjoy!

ESCM_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESCM_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESFR_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESFR_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESMV_ADEX_ML.BGL

ESMV_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESNJ_ADEX_ML.BGL

ESNJ_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESPA_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESPA_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESPE_ADEX_ML.BGL

ESPE_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESIB_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESIB_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

Edited by Martin Loxbo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)

I'll add some files here that are intended for use with Sweden Design. The files should be installed in the 3-15-SWD_LibraryAirports_Open\Scenery folder.

ESCF Linköping/Malmen and ESKN Stockholm/Skavsta are included in Sweden Design but have been updated (I believe there was some terrain issue at ESCF which is fixed in the attached file).

ESSL Linköping/Saab and ESSP Norrköping/Kungsängen are new files. ESSL is still basic (no buildings). For ESSP replace the ESSP_ADEP2_LEAR and ESSP_ADEP2_LEAR2 BGL files with the attached file.

ESKN_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESKN_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESCF_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESCF_ADEX_ML_CVX.bgl

ESSL_ADEX_ML.bgl

ESSP_ADEX_ML.bgl

• Like 1