Discord chat room issues

Tore Urvik

Hi all!

I'm experiencing problems with Discord - or more specific the text chat room parts of the VATSIM Scandinavia rooms. I get notifications that chat messages is entered in the room, and the header shows e.g. 6 new messages. The messages it self is not displayed. There is a function on the top of the chat room "load more messages", and this has apparently no function – or at least not for me.

I've tried to run the Discord application as Administrator, the user account should be correctly set up towards VACCSCA's Bot - and the voice channels works okay. I have also tried to google for some answers, but have not been successful in looking up other users globally with this issue. 

So - my question to the crowd here is; anyone have a good idea what the problem is...? 

image.png.061e6abe425e6d8311f4fc12fc4a997e.png

Thanks for your feedback Martin. I have tried to reinstall Discord - with no luck... It seems like the issue described above is only valid for the VACCSCA-server - thus I suspect some sort of settings-issue... 

The Bot confirms my membership, and I still have the same problem - both on my computer and on my phone. So I guess you are right Martin, there must be something on the server-side creating the problem.

Anyone with admin rights that could look into this? ? 

Mikael Harju (1406319)

Hmm, I just checked that you have all the roles necessary to view messages. I think we had something similar happening a few weeks ago with someone else and reapplying the roles helped in that situation. I've now done that, could you check if you see the messages now?

• Thanks 1

Hello Mikael. 

What ever you did, made magic happen. Every chat message is appearing now, both on the computer and on my phone. Thank you for your help!

#Solved