Voice Problems on ES

Karl Widborg (1283706)

Karl Widborg (1283706)

Hello,

When using Euroscope, after approx. 50-60 minutes the voice completely stops working. I can't see pilots joining my frequency under the "voice" list and neither can I hear them on my frequency. My mentor which I have been doing training with has been able to transmit on the frequency as well as being able to hear the pilots on frequency, so it seems that there is something wrong on my side. 

I have tried doing the following:

- Always start ES as admin.
- Run ES with Windows XP SP3 compatibility.

What solves this problem:

- Going into "voice communication setup".
- Uncheck RCV VOI, this unchecks XMT VOI.
- This throws everyone out from my "voice list". But everyone can still speak om my frequency.
- I recheck RCV VOI, and it works again for about 1h, then the same happens.

It sounds really strange, but it would be helpful to get rid of this problem. So if anybody knows any solution or any ideas on maybe how it could be done, that would be wonderful!

Regards,
Karl.

Martin Loxbo (811805)

It sounds like a firewall/router issue where the relevant port times out. Unfortunately the EuroScope documentation is offline at the moment, but I'm sure you can find some posts about this issue for example in the main VATSIM ES forum.

• Thanks 1

Karl Widborg (1283706)

Thanks, Martin for your reply. I have done several things now with my router and firewall to try and solve this:

• Allowed all traffic through the router so no traffic is blocked (DNS & NETBIOS was blocked (WAN -> LAN)).   This allows everything through the router's firewall.
  • Open port 3290 according to this thread.
  • Also allowed port 3290 locally on my windows firewall. 

Hopefully, this works and I will report back if this solves the problem I'm getting, so other people with the same problem can solve this issue as well in the future.

Regards,
Karl

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Yes. VATSIM and firewalls aren't the best combination. The same thing happens with some Vpilot users from time to time. The easiest fix is to remove software firewalls and that solves 90% of all related problems :)