[VACANT POSITION] Data Protection Officer, ACCSCA9

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

VATSIM Scandinavia is one of the largest vACC's of VATEUD with almost 1000 members, active and inactive. As the new General Data Protection Regulations of European Union entered into force, we need to make more clear rules concerning our Data Handling (inc. processing and transferring data). 

The main tasks of the DPO are:

• Should work and make decisions independently and without any influence.
  • Oversees processing of data.
  • Makes suggestions to improve data handling
  • Advises and gives consent to Data Handling Policies
  • Handles any issues or requests by members regarding Data Protection and Handling
  • Handles any other tasks required by law. 

Data Protection Officer is an auxiliary department (assistant acr. the constitution) of the Director of VATSIM Scandinavia, just like the Web Services and the Event Department are.
However, the DPO makes his/her resolutions, suggestions and conclusions without any kind of influence by any other member. DPO is not part of membership department, as it is overseeing it.

The position is needed in order to ensure safe and working data handling in the vACC. This is also to fully fill the requirements of the law. Even though, all the countries are not part of the European Union, we need to have this position as we have citizens of the European Union in the vACC.

I would like engaged members of our community, so I'm going to let everyone that is interested in the role apply (however the applicant must hold a minimum of S2 rating and been a member of the vACC for at least one (1) month).

Send your application, or questions, with a brief description of your background and if you have any previously knowledge regarding GDPR to: director@vatsim-scandinavia.org

I will leave the application period open until further notice, or until a good candidate has been found!

EDIT: The Director, the Training Director and the Web Department are excluded from the role, so until a new candidate is found Joonatan Porkkala will continue his duties alongside his new role as Director of Helsinki FIR. But from a GDPR standpoint I wouldn't mind someone who is not a board member for the role. So if you have proper knowledge of the legislation and are interested; don't hesitate to apply!