RDF on multiple ES instances?

Arvid Hansson (1162891)

Arvid Hansson (1162891)

Hi,

I can't get RDF to work when running multiple instances of Euroscope. It does not seem to matter whether RDF is enabled on just one or all of the instances, it never works. On a single instance setup, however, it works like a charm.

Is this normal behaviour or a bug?

Daniel Lange (1352906)

You might be right, because I never got RDF to work, and I always sit in multiple instances

Juha Holopainen

Until AFV is integrated into EuroScope, and/or there is a proper SDK for AFV, it may be difficult to get RDF working as it should. For now, the plugin does not have the capability to display RDF data on all instances, but theoretically could show it on one instance (either the one with the active window, the primary instance, or a completely random one, the plugin has no control over that...).

The current development code has some changes that could improve this so that all instances running on the same computer as the AFV standalone client would show the RDF data, but I haven't done any tests on that yet. If it works, it'll be available on the next release. If not, we'll just have to wait for improvements in AFV/EuroScope.

Update: just did a quick online test of the new RDF code and surprisingly it worked as planned, so the chances of RDF working with multiple instances in the next release is good...

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...