Change Map selection color

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Is there a way to change the color of selected maps?

In the picture I have selected ENGM STARS RWY 19, but it is the same color as not selected. Is there any color settings for that.

20200323_151605.jpg

Edited by Jakob Arne Bronstad

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Juha Holopainen

The problem here is that "ENGM STARS RWY 19" is not a plugin map, but a sector file item (with possibly some map elements like texts and symbols added). The sector file items are present in the maps window to make it possible to toggle them on/off without having to go to the ES display settings. For some reason it's not possible for plugins to query the display state of sector file items, only to set them on or off, and that's why they're always grey in the list (the plugin doesn't know if the item is displayed or not).

I may end up changing the maps code so that the sector file items are converted into actual plugin maps so that all maps in the window would behave the same, but haven't decided on that yet as I'm pretty sure ES is much more efficient at drawing the items than the plugin, and no matter how big a font I'd use in the documentation to emphasize avoiding plugin maps for big/complex drawings, many would miss that and then be unimpressed by the slowness when panning and zooming the screen.

• Like 1