Tag generating text for text pilots

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

Getting this requested by several controllers, is it missing by design or is something wrong with our install?

Jan Doehring (1356262)

The problem is, that the text to be plotted is hardcoded and assigned to the Euroscope default functions only. Plugin Devs or ATC can't add or edit this text. Therefore it is "by design", simply because Euroscope won't allow  it.

Arvid Hansson (1162891)
1 hour ago, Jan Doehring said:

The problem is, that the text to be plotted is hardcoded and assigned to the Euroscope default functions only. Plugin Devs or ATC can't add or edit this text. Therefore it is "by design", simply because Euroscope won't allow  it.

Incorrect. They're just aliases and can be changed to suit local phraseology:

bild.png.d6e670b9109f3299725fc61863c04c53.png

Whether a plugin can utilise these aliases I'm not sure of, though.

• Like 1

Christian Kovanen (1379372)

I have tried to get those to work, in the past, but haven't succeeded. Not sure if it's TopSky, that's doing that. And if it is, I haven't the faintest idea why or how to possibly work around that.

Juha Holopainen

It is correct however that there is no function available for plugins to enter text to the command line. As there is a reasonably handy way to do it (text aliases), I'm not going to code ugly workarounds such as synthesizing keystrokes to write the text.

• 4 weeks later...
Alexander Arlow

What we do in Austria is, that we have a Left-click defined for the Topsky feature of the CFL for example and for the text-pilots we have Right-click defined for the standard Euroscope function. This works quite well for the few text-pilots that we have - and the real Topsky features for right-click CFL and other items are not available anyway in the plugin (level filtering).

• Like 1