Feature request - ability to match EOBT and AOBT

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Hi,

Would it be possible to insert a button (or tag function) to match eobt and aobt?

Likely not realistic, but many flight plans come with eobt but without an aobt entry, so a slot of 0000 is assumed. Kind of "no slot" Button int the time menu (I'm using the adtMDI entry in the DCL) without the need to copy the time manually.

Oliver

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

Would it also be possible that when using the time menu, when we increment beyond the 9th minute it also increments to tenths of the minute, same thing with the hours?

On 12/04/2020 at 12:32, Juha Holopainen said:

The way the menu works now is also how the real system works

There's situations where this simply can't be ported to Vatsim. I love to have the real thing, but there IS a difference. Anyone ever seen a planner besides them?

Juha Holopainen

In the more than ten years I've developed the plugin, there are countless times I've had to decide on how, or if at all, a specific feature of the real system will make it into the code. Sometimes the decision process is rather complicated and I may have to revise the chosen decision a number of times, but then there are cases when it's a no-brainer. This specific feature was one of them. I realize not all of my design decisions will appeal to everyone, but rest assured that I do actually put a lot of thought into this stuff.

And yes, planners have actually been used on occasion on VATSIM, very rarely of course, but I'm pretty sure the time menu can be used as it is even without a planner helping you out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 14/04/2020 at 14:16, Juha Holopainen said:

In the more than ten years I've developed the plugin, there are countless times I've had to decide on how, or if at all, a specific feature of the real system will make it into the code. Sometimes the decision process is rather complicated and I may have to revise the chosen decision a number of times, but then there are cases when it's a no-brainer. This specific feature was one of them. I realize not all of my design decisions will appeal to everyone, but rest assured that I do actually put a lot of thought into this stuff.

And yes, planners have actually been used on occasion on VATSIM, very rarely of course, but I'm pretty sure the time menu can be used as it is even without a planner helping you out.

Don't get me wrong: I'm totally with you. I know how hard it is sometimes to decide between convenience and reality (ask my fellow controllers when I start to pull out RL-LOAs...). Your plugins are a charm to use and make our work much easier. I might have an opinion that differs from yours, but I totally understand your view and will support it.

Just wanted to get that said: Thanks for your amazing work :)

• Like 1