MAESTRO plugin 1.0 beta 5

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Changes from beta 4:

• Code changes to deal with flights without an assigned runway (they should now not appear in the sequence)
  • Added tag items that display the remaining delay in minutes

Edited by Juha Holopainen

• 1 month later...
Pierre Ferran (1259058)

Hey Juha,

Thanks for this, just checking because I cannot find a reference in the manual, but for the webserver sync, does the plugin need an FTP server, or are we talking about something else?

Thanks!

Juha Holopainen

The plugin should support at least FTP, FTPS, HTTP and HTTPS with or without authentication for the uploads and downloads. Of all the possible combinations, so far I've only tested FTP with authentication for uploading and HTTP without authentication for downloading. The goal is to create a setup where the "master" plugin is able to get a small text file periodically uploaded to a web location where "slave" plugins are able to download it from.

Pierre Ferran (1259058)

Thanks, makes perfect sense! I'm giving the plugin a try as I am quite familiar with MAESTRO/AMAN, and it provides real value. Another question, is there anyway I can get the " Current delay" in minutes from memory/the flight strip to be read by my own plugin, which does not use the EuroScope tags? That way I could integrate that delay value in my tags. 

Juha Holopainen

There isn't any way to get that information at the moment. But if I find the plugin useful enough, I may look into that as I'd then probably want to get the information into the TopSky plugin.

Pierre Ferran (1259058)

Hi Juha,

I've tested this quite a bit and it works pretty well in general for simple airports, but the delay and sequence calculation on LFPG, which uses two runways and four IAFs is very wrong, I think that is probably due to the fact the plugin uses System_Default_Feeder_Time for all feeders. At LFPG, depending on the runway configuration, two of the IAFs will be downwind IAFs, meaning traffic will cross the IAF and then have a time to threshold of probably around 20mins. However, the two other IAFs will have a time to threshold of only about 10 mins. This results in the sequence giving significant delay to non downwind traffic, because that traffic will become frozen significantly later.

See example below:

wQbblQA.png

In real life, the AMAN at LFPG has different time to threshold per feeder fix per runway. Would it be possible to implement that? It should solve the issue. Otherwise, using the EuroScope calculated arrival time should actually be sufficient, provided sector files are setup properly.

PS: The plugin now throws an error on startup saying it cannot check its latest version!

Thanks!

Edited by Pierre Ferran

Juha Holopainen

The time-to-threshold calculations always use the EuroScope calculations. System_Default_Feeder_Time is only used to set a 'floating' feeder fix to trigger the state changes when the flight is not routing via any of the declared feeder fixes.

The update check points to an outdated URL and won't be fixed until a new plugin version is out, so for the time being, to check for updates a manual check of this forum every now and then is necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
Christopher Bennett

Hi Juha, 

at EuroScope start the Maestro Plugin throws the following error message 

MAESTRO.png.3ec4b20cbef9ce0796b6462c5271f59a.png

any way we can fix this on our end? 

Juha Holopainen
On 06/09/2020 at 15:35, Juha Holopainen said:

The update check points to an outdated URL and won't be fixed until a new plugin version is out, so for the time being, to check for updates a manual check of this forum every now and then is necessary.

• Juha Holopainen unpinned and locked this topic
Juha Holopainen

Version 1.0 of the plugin is now available. The only visible change from this beta should be that the update check now points to a valid URL.