Topsky - CPDLC issues

Elias Stassinos (1041728)

I have been testing CPDLC in Euroscope. vSMR's DCL/PDC tested out ok.

I tried to test the same with Topsky (2.2.1 b11) and i met difficulties:

On our DCL test i keep getting this:

Snipaste_2020-05-20_08-51-46.png.40f2a959c684fa32cf25100be256dda8.png

Logon was ok, Telex was ok, but we got stuck in PDC as i wasn't able to take action on it, prob ably cause of the "MESSAGE NOT SUPPORTED" message.

Also there wasn;t any indication in the departure list (actually i cant find a filed to add in the TAG)

Any idea what am i doing wrong?

Juha Holopainen

"REQUEST CLEARANCE" is a request for a CPDLC DCL, and based on the plugin's reply, it wasn't set up to send that type of clearance. You should probably have a look at one of the already existing setups to see how the data files are set up and which tag items have been used. At least the Finnish and Swedish ones have CPDLC fully working.

10 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

"REQUEST CLEARANCE" is a request for a CPDLC DCL, and based on the plugin's reply, it wasn't set up to send that type of clearance. You should probably have a look at one of the already existing setups to see how the data files are set up and which tag items have been used. At least the Finnish and Swedish ones have CPDLC fully working.

I have done all the setup that is described in the manuals, I dont know if there are more to do.

Any directions to where i can find the setups you mention? Are they available in Github or something?

Juha Holopainen

I meant the sector file packages. By looking at any working setup (see the FIR-specific subforums here for our files) you can get an idea of how to setup the data files and which tag items and functions have been used in the track labels and flight lists.

25 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I meant the sector file packages. By looking at any working setup (see the FIR-specific subforums here for our files) you can get an idea of how to setup the data files and which tag items and functions have been used in the track labels and flight lists.

I got it.

I am creating the TopSkyCPDL.txt file and then i will examine the other settings.. Thanks!

Juha Holopainen
17 hours ago, Elias Stassinos said:

Is there any way that TopSky will work in a sweatbox session?

Unless this question was about the CPDLC functions, I don't understand what you're asking as the plugin itself will work with any connection mode (moved it from the beta thread as it didn't seem to be a bug report).

The CPDLC features using the Hoppie server are only available when connecting directly to VATSIM. This is to minimize the possibility of duplicate callsigns being used by people on different networks (sweatbox, other online networks, offline testing, etc.) as the Hoppie network has no protection for more than one client using the same callsign.