[12th December, 17-23z] Fly and See Santa 2015

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

Martin Tornberg (1069087)

lagom_FSS2015.jpg

Winter is coming, Christmas is getting closer and it's time for our annual visit to Lappland and Santa Claus again.

12th December from 17-23z, Vatsim-Scandinavia will light up Rovaniemi (EFRO), Luleå-Kallax (ESPA), Tromsø (ENTC) and wants to welcome all pilots to join in for the Christmas spirit.

You might be aware that this event attracts quite a few pilots, therefore we highly recommend you to bring plenty of holding fuel, a lot of Christmas candy and your favorite hot beverage. It will be a long night for all of us.

http://santa.vatsim-scandinavia.org/

Please take an extra look at our Santa web for briefing, charts and scenery suggestions to make it as smooth as possible. And also make sure you are confident in holding patterns and instructions, because we can guarantee a lot of holdings.

Vatsim-Scandinavia hope you will enjoy this year's Fly And See Santa.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Aleksander Storma
  • Like 7

• Martin Tornberg (1069087) pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I wasn't there, looks like there was a fantastic event! I woke up (in Australia) at about 2300z and planes were still holding in Rovaniemi and Luleå. This is what I pulled from VATSIM Statistics (16-01z):

Rovaniemi (Finland): 30 departures | 135 arrivals (busiest airport in the world)
Luleå (Sweden): 17 departures | 20 arrivals (18th busiest airport in the world)
Tromsø (Norway): 22 departures | 44 arrivals (5th busiest airport in the world)

The capital airports in Scandinavia also saw quite a bit of activity throughout the evening:

Stockholm Arlanda: 53 movements
Oslo Gardermoen: 37 movements
Helsinki Vantaa: 32 movements
Copenhagen Kastrup: 27 movements
Keflavik International: 4 movements (well, maybe not that busy there :P)

Hope you guys had fun!

Edited by Wygene Chong
  • Like 2

• Wygene Chong unpinned this topic

Important Information

When visiting this site, only cookies that are strictly necessary for you to use the website is being used, unless you have provided further consent. Read more in our Privacy Policy