TopSky plugin 2.2.1 beta 14

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Beta 14 is available (attached)

Main changes from beta 13:

• Maps data file syntax updated (added ID option to ACTIVE line to activate maps based on currently online controllers)
  • Fixed resource leak related to using the "Setup_Informed" setting (wouldn't it be nice if I was informed of major issues like this instead of accidentally stumbling on it on another forum where it was discussed...)

What to do if a CTD happens (no need to memorize all this, just remember to come back and read this if it happens):

A crash dump is the best way for me to find out what went wrong. Depending on the EuroScope version, it may or may not make an automatic crash dump in the same folder as EuroScope.exe. It'll be named "EuroScope_crash_.dmp". If the EuroScope process is still alive (it didn't crash straight to desktop without an error message), a manual dump with some more information can be made in Task Manager: in the Processes tab, right-click on the EuroScope app and choose "Create dump file". Should a 'clean' CTD happen (no error message, just straight to desktop), or if you didn't remember to make a dump in Task Manager, Windows may have made an automatic crash dump in "%APPDATALOCAL%\CrashDumps". The filename is EuroScope.exe.<number>.dmp .

The small EuroScope-generated dump is usually enough to fix a bug, the slightly larger Windows-auto-generated one a bit more likely, and the one from Task Manager should cover all needs, but it's also a couple of hundred megabytes in size, so it's easiest to start with the smaller ones first as they can easily be attached to a forum message or uploaded anywhere for me to have a look.

Edited by Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Your issue is likely caused by the label not being in the detailed state when you have the mouse cursor over its list row. This then hides the route as soon as it’s toggled on. Based on the video alone I don’t know exactly what causes it, but doublecheck that all your EuroScope settings are as advised in the developer guide.

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)
3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Your issue is likely caused by the label not being in the detailed state when you have the mouse cursor over its list row. This then hides the route as soon as it’s toggled on. Based on the video alone I don’t know exactly what causes it, but doublecheck that all your EuroScope settings are as advised in the developer guide.

I have those settings, except Detailed over Untagged, but switching this made no difference.

Should the Tag become detailed when hovering over a list entry? If so, this doesn't work on my system (Tags and Lists have the Dummy Items added)

Juha Holopainen

"show detailed over untagged" is a key setting to have enabled if you want the ability to show the route of unconcerned traffic without having to specifically open the tagged tag for them, it should have no effect on tracks who are displaying the tagged tag to start with. The dummy item for lists is not actually required for any functionality, it just prints an empty item. I use it to create empty columns to align the sector entry and exit lists (I used the ES default "static string" item for that previously, but it stopped working in some beta version some time ago so I just created a dummy item to show nothing...)

The tag should indeed become detailed when hovering over a list entry. It's not a plugin specific thing, happens on the default Matias tags as well. If you can't get that to happen, there's no chance to get the autohide version of the route toggle to work from the lists for tracks with labels visible, as their non-detailed tags (the dummy items within them) will immediately hide the route.

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Weird, then the problem is indeed elswhere, I can't get this to work even with the default Matias label and "Show detailed over untagged" enabled. Hovering over the lists simply does nothing. Since I'm clueless here, I'll try to start from an empty default config and work my way to the current one I use. I'll let you know in case I find something, might be helpful for others as well.

Juha Holopainen

@Oliver Gruetzmann, the setting that controls this turns out to be "Highlight ASEL AC in lists". When enabled, hovering the mouse cursor over a flight's list row no longer opens the detailed tag. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid, so to have the autohide version of the route display function available in the lists, that setting needs to be disabled.

• Like 1

Paul McDyer (1304314)

Just curios has anyone been able to implement AUTO maps with the new ACTIVE syntax by means of online controllers. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get it working. I had discussed the issue with Juha and he advised that the syntax i was using was correct but potentially could be making a mistake. 

• Juha Holopainen unpinned and locked this topic
Juha Holopainen
14 hours ago, Paul McDyer said:

Just curios has anyone been able to implement AUTO maps with the new ACTIVE syntax by means of online controllers. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get it working. I had discussed the issue with Juha and he advised that the syntax i was using was correct but potentially could be making a mistake. 

No-one has, or if yes, by pure luck as there was an issue with the plugin reading the data in. Hopefully fixed now in beta 15 together with some other issues with automatically activating areas and maps.