Ground Radar plugin 1.2.2 beta 7

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Beta 7 is available (attached)

Main changes from beta 6:

• Stand assignment code updated to assign a currently occupied stand when no free stands are available
  • Maps data file syntax updated (airport, limits and active:id)
  • Stands data file syntax updated (limits, standlist)
  • Added support for the start-up ground state (new in ES 3.2b25, but should work as a custom state when using an older ES version if the code is correct). Will require changes to setups where the push state had been labelled start-up to not have two "start-up" states.

What to do if a CTD happens (no need to memorize all this, just remember to come back and read this if it happens):

A crash dump is the best way for me to find out what went wrong. Depending on the EuroScope version, it may or may not make an automatic crash dump in the same folder as EuroScope.exe. It'll be named "EuroScope_crash_.dmp". If the EuroScope process is still alive (it didn't crash straight to desktop without an error message), a manual dump with some more information can be made in Task Manager: in the Processes tab, right-click on the EuroScope app and choose "Create dump file". Should a 'clean' CTD happen (no error message, just straight to desktop), or if you didn't remember to make a dump in Task Manager, Windows may have made an automatic crash dump in "%APPDATALOCAL%\CrashDumps". The filename is EuroScope.exe.<number>.dmp .

The small EuroScope-generated dump is usually enough to fix a bug, the slightly larger Windows-auto-generated one a bit more likely, and the one from Task Manager should cover all needs, but it's also a couple of hundred megabytes in size, so it's easiest to start with the smaller ones first as they can easily be attached to a forum message or uploaded anywhere for me to have a look.

Edited by Juha Holopainen

Thomas Ljung (1253198)
On 09/08/2020 at 11:25, Juha Holopainen said:

Will require changes to setups where the push state had been labelled start-up to not have two "start-up" states.

This is my old setting:

GroundLabel_RMK=1
System_State_OnFreq=FRQ
System_State_DeIce=ICE
System_State_Push=S/U
System_State_Taxi=TAX
System_State_LineUp=L/U
System_State_Depa=T/O

Shall I add one state for "Start-up", or what?

Juha Holopainen

Going through the documentation is an important but often overlooked part of the testing process. As it's so easy to be blind to one's own mistakes or omissions, the more people that browse through the pdfs, the better. So, to find out how a feature works, look for it in the general part of the manual set. To find out how to adjust settings and develop data files, check out the developer part. If the documentation turns out to lack the necessary information, let me know just like you would when finding a bug in the code so I can make the documentation better.

Looking at those settings, adjustments are probably necessary as the push state has been labelled S/U. You may want to change that, and adjust the new start-up state's text as well if you want it to be three characters (the default text is longer).

• Like 2

Thomas Ljung (1253198)

This settings seems to work (without errors)

GroundLabel_RMK=1
System_State_OnFreq=FRQ
System_State_DeIce=ICE
System_State_StartUp=START UP
System_State_Push=PUSH
System_State_Taxi=TAX
System_State_LineUp=L/U
System_State_Depa=T/O

Juha Holopainen

Good, just note that as the start-up and push states have the default values there, you could just as well leave them away with the same result. As the other states had been shortened to three characters, it may be that the list setup you have in EuroScope may not contain enough space to display "START UP", but in that case just change the settings to show some shorter texts for them such as S/U and P/B.

Thomas Ljung (1253198)
18 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

just change the settings to show some shorter texts for them such as S/U and P/B.

Are you sure? I am getting errors messages when doing that. 

Juha Holopainen
35 minutes ago, Thomas Ljung said:

Are you sure? I am getting errors messages when doing that. 

Yep, just tried both settings with those texts, getting no errors. What error does setting "System_State_StartUp=S/U" cause for you?

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Hi,

in the current version, we see disappearing Maps that are activated by active runways.

MAP:EDDM RRS 08L
FOLDER:MISC
COLOR:green
STYLE:Dot:1
ACTIVE:RWY:ARR:EDDM08L:DEP:*
LINE:N048.21.49.155:E011.46.32.294:N048.21.47.307:E011.46.32.619
LINE:N048.21.52.500:E011.47.15.744:N048.21.49.486:E011.47.16.214
LINE:N048.21.55.842:E011.47.59.168:N048.21.53.360:E011.47.59.599
MAP:EDDM TORA 08L
FOLDER:MISC
COLOR:white
ZOOM:150
TEXT:N048.21.52:E011.46.53:2820
TEXT:N048.21.53.50:E011.47.17:2200
TEXT:N048.21.56.30:E011.47.52:1600
ACTIVE:RWY:ARR:*:DEP:EDDM08L

When confirming the runways dialog, these items appear, but disappear again shortly thereafter.

Oliver

Thomas Ljung (1253198)
7 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Yep, just tried both settings with those texts, getting no errors. What error does setting "System_State_StartUp=S/U" cause for you?

GroundLabel_RMK=1
System_State_OnFreq=FRQ
System_State_DeIce=ICE
System_State_StartUp=S/U
System_State_Push=P/S
System_State_Taxi=TAX
System_State_LineUp=L/U
System_State_Depa=T/O

This works now in my test environment for GNG sector dev.
But funny enough not in my regular ES environment (witch will soon be outdated).
This is with other words not a problem. Thanks Juha for your patient answers :)

Thomas Ljung (1253198)
51 minutes ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

When confirming the runways dialog, these items appear, but disappear again shortly thereafter.

Yes, I can confirm this.

2.JPG.d852267608807177f60e3fce1253d6d9.JPG1.JPG.4cf1e1a3b3a3f2a2272d7a9c924efabc.JPG

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic