TopSky - testing MSAW system

Michael Pike (812012)

Michael Pike (812012)

Thinking about creating the file with MSA data for the UK. I have done part of the coverage but I wanted to test it using the local FSD server and a scenario file where I can trigger the alert by driving traffic below the MSA.

The file doesn't report any errors and looks correct when viewed on the map (MSA shown in thousands and hundreds of feet) but I haven't been able to trigger any MSAW alerts on the local FSD or on Sweatbox. The safety net status indicates a green light for MSAW.

Juha Holopainen

Try with a ridiculously high area first just to check you have the settings and relevant tag items set up correct. I just tested creating an MSAW area 35000ft high and played back a logfile. All traffic passing through that area below that altitude were shown the alert correctly.

Michael Pike (812012)

Good idea thank you. I didn't have the ALRT message tag item in the tags. The alerts show up as expected now when replaying a log as you suggested. Back to testing. Thanks.